We were due to fly out of Osaka in the afternoon of our last day in Kyoto. We made the most of it by again getting up early and making our way to the Kiyomizu-dera Temple. It was our wettest day in Kyoto and again a little overcast but we still enjoyed seeing this beautiful temple and it's surroundings. These are little streets lined with shops that led up to the temple.
Another little perfectly sculpted garden
The ceramics were beautiful, I wish we could have taken some home. I bought Grammie a special Japanese knife at one of these shops though.
I think the temple would look more impressive against a blue sky and with some sunshine. It was also being renovated, making part of it covered in building materials. I would love to go back and see it again some day.
I loved seeing the girls dressed up in traditional dress for cherry blossom season.
How cute is this baby kimono?
These delicate raindrops on these branches caught my eye
You can see a hint of scaffolding to the left of the pagoda
Raindrops on cherry blossoms
Back at Kyoto Station to collect our bags and catch a bus to Osaka Airport
Such an impressive station, the architecture is a sight to see in itself
Cute little school girls, their uniforms are adorable
We had the best time in Kyoto and I'm dying to visit again already. I'd really like to see it in Autumn now with all the coloured leaves.

































No comments:
Post a Comment