Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Kyoto: Day One, Arashiyama - Bamboo Grove

There is a crazy amount of things to do and see in Kyoto and we were determined to see as much as we could with the two days we had there. We got up early on our first day and took a taxi straight to Arashiyama to the bamboo groves. We discovered that taxi drivers in Kyoto often have small TV screens in their cars and they watch TV while they're DRIVING! A few times I nearly yelled out...watch the road! Luckily our driver got us there safely and drove us right into the heart of the groves. 

We read that these groves are packed with tourists and that it can be hard to get photos without people in them. We arrived early enough that only one other photographer was there and couple taking wedding photos. We were able to snap quite a few photos without people in them and Clinton got some cool drone footage too. The bamboo grove is seriously beautiful and it has a very calming, peaceful effect on it's visitors (that is until too many tourists show up and people are fighting to get photos).  



I took this photo with my camera on the ground - dedication!
I loved the little glimpses of light through the bamboo 




One photographer kindly took this photo for us




Bamboo close up...
iPhone selfie
A couple of photos on our way out 

I would go to the bamboo groves again, it was truly breathtaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive