On the last Saturday that Grammie and Papa were staying with us, we happened to have our friend, Emi's, 30th birthday party. It was good timing because they were able to babysit Alissa for us. The whole family was invited but Alissa is at an age where she runs off or wants to be held the whole time. I bought a crimper off ebay and crimped my hair and Sienna's...
Sienna was excited to wear eyes shadow, luckily 80's fashion is re-trending in the shops so I was able to pick up fluro eyes shadow, fluro belts, jewellery and accessories from Kmart!
Harry and Sen
Clinton and I bought costumes on the internet...Clinton went as Michael Jackson - he looked great, although it was a bit too hot to wear a wig and leather jacket (the party was outside).
80's family
Georgia and I in 80's garb...we drove to the party early to deliver cakes we'd made for it
Mick, Clinton and Kent
India rocked the 80's look
Emily and Sen
80's boys
The lovely birthday girl Emi and I...
Girls group shot, the party was at the Tambrey Tavern in a private, decked area.
The Winters
Anne-Marie made an 80's TV piñata for the party...it took a long time to break it
The cupcakes Georgia and I made
We printed all the cake toppers and wrappers and cut them all out and stuck them together...it used a lot of printer ink...I think I'll buy paper next time! We personalised the cake toppers with Emi's name and age and 80's memorabilia.
Finally breaking the piñata!
Emi blowing out the candles with her kids Tom and Milly
We all had a great time at the party, then Clinton took our kids home and the girls went out for dinner...dressed in our 80's costumes! A professional photographer at Blanche Bar took photos of us for the restaurant's Facebook page...they were hideous photos but we had a fun night and these photos show that! By the look of us you'd think we had been drinking something stronger than mocktails!
































No comments:
Post a Comment