Friday, December 5, 2014

Gingerbread Men

It's the Meurs family's tradition to decorate gingerbread men on the first family home evening of December. My family is continuing the tradition and this year we invited the Pilkington's to join us! Harry and Sienna helped me to make a very large batch of gingerbread men on Sunday afternoon. I managed to burn a couple of trays so Amy made a batch too. 

When the Pilkington's arrived we started with a mini family home evening message about the true meaning of Christmas and then started decorating! Clinton tried to help Alissa make one but she isn't silly...why decorate with lollies when you can just eat them straight away? 


I thought Sienna would just eat the lollies too but I was pleasantly surprised by her eagerness to decorate them and get creative! 

Emily liked eating the lollies too

Alissa and Benjamin have started having the cutest conversations in baby talk
Time to sample the goods...



Clinton's very cute snowman!
Bryan had the idea of sticking a mini m&m to the kids noses and seeing if they could reach it with their tongues...Harrison thought this was a great idea!




We made so many...normally I would put them in cellophane bags and hang them from the wire tree my Mum gave me but because we aren't around for Christmas this year we have been eating them....bad choice! 

Sienna's creations

Harrison made a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive