Thursday, November 6, 2014

Monique's Baby Shower

After a very busy weekend we had Monique's baby shower on Monday the 29th of September. Monday night may seem like a strange time to have a baby shower but we were trying to fit it in before Lisa, Kate and Mum flew to Melbourne on Tuesday. Clinton's parents and Aunty Bindi looked after my kids all day and Lisa's in-laws looked after her kids. It was a public holiday so Kate was able to leave her two with Matt. Mum, Kate, Lisa and I worked all day (apart from when we visited Aunty Ev) to get everything ready for the 7pm baby shower. Lisa's friend Carmen also came and helped us - it was so nice of her to give up her public holiday just to lend a hand. She was awesome! Here is our food table...missing half the food because it was 7pm, people were arriving and I hadn't changed into different clothes yet. So I snapped a few quick photos and ran upstairs to get ready. 

 Photos of Mon and Jazz as babies
 Carmen wrote this sign - we borrowed this and lots of our table decorations from Lisa's friend Jade Kendall. She has some really cool stuff.

 Chocolate and salted caramel cupcakes
 Parisian pastries...so delicious


 All ready for guests


 Jarom dropping off the girl of the moment...Monique looked gorgeous as ever.
 Monique and her pregnant friend
 This is my Mum's amazing layered raspberry mousse cake...to die for!
 Quick snap of the club sandwiches, always a hit, they were disappearing fast
 Home made mini quiches also went quickly

Mon's Aunty from Melbourne happened to be in Perth at the same time and was able to come to Mon's baby shower
 Mon didn't want gimmicky baby shower games so we set up a table where guests could cut out fabric and create their own design for a baby suit. We had fabric glue so they could glue their design straight to the suit. We weren't sure if everyone would get into it but they did and we ended up with some lovely designs!



I think they did a great job!




Monique opening her presents






Lisa and her friend Carmen - she was such a huge help!
Lisa and I, she left the next day for Melbourne and then onto America...I miss her! 
I had to say goodbye to Kate and Mum too, who left for Melbourne the next day...at least I'll see them again in January, I'm looking forward to it! Lucy is such a cutie!
Everyone went home with a decorated, iced sugar cookie - thanks to my friend Lydia from All Things Sweet - they were a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive