Monday, September 23, 2013

Inter School Carnival

Harrison was asked to be in the Tambrey Primary School inter school team - competing against all the other primary schools in Karratha and in Dampier and Wickham. There were two year one boys and two year one girls in the team. Both the girls and Harrison happened to be from the same class (there are a few year one classes in the school). That morning all the children competing were given a special Tambrey sport tee-shirt to wear on the day and were then taken to the inter school carnival on a bus. Sienna, Alissa and I went to Millar's Well oval to watch, luckily there was a playground so Sienna happily played on the equipment the whole time. The year one's were only competing in the 50 meter sprint and no other events so once Harrison finished I was able to take him home (he was so excited to get half a day off!).
 
As Harrison started his race I realised he wasn't going to take his hat off! I was stressing the whole time that it would fall off or blow in his face during the race. Luckily it stayed on his head!!
 It was a fast race and all the boys stayed together in a pretty tight pack.
 At the end I couldn't tell if Harrison had come third or fourth - turned out he'd come fourth (I was relieved he got a ribbon because he would have been disappointed if he hadn't).
 He was happy to get a ribbon but a little bit upset that he hadn't come first. I told  him that he should be proud because he'd run as fast as he could and tried his very best! Tambrey ended up winning the whole carnival too!
 That same day, Harrison had his last night of Little Athletics for the year. I love how Clinton is able to help Harrison with his technique.
 
Harry has really improved over the season and grown in confidence so we'll definitely be doing Little Athletics again next year! 

Alissa and Sienna move from event to event and watch Harrison. Sienna made some friends with the younger siblings of the other kids, she had a blast running around with them on the oval. Alissa happily sitting in her pram...such a sweet face!
 Go Harry!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive