Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Goodbyes

Our last few days with Lisa and her kids went extremely fast! Lisa was supposed to go to Port Headland on Friday night and Saturday to visit her sister in law Rachel and her family but unfortunately Madison also caught the virus and was vomiting on Thursday night. Lisa didn't want to make Rachel's family sick or take sick kids on a 2 hour drive both ways. So we ended up having an extra day with her! Madison and Sienna were starting to fight a bit at home (mainly over who was Rapunzel) so we tried to get the kids out of the house as much as possible. We took them to the 'Youth Shed' an indoor playground and the park. We also went out for dinner at the Tambrey - where the kids could play on the outdoor play equipment. Then on Saturday everyone seemed well enough to take the boat out to the islands.  

Sienna enjoying a "pink" milkshake at the Youth Shed

 The cousins kept doing "cheers" with their milkshakes, it was very cute.
 

 Being more mobile now, Alissa is really starting to enjoy exploring new surroundings.


 Making more "cakes" at the park
Lisa pushing all three kids at once!
On the boat, arriving at an island.
 Clinton swimming us in on the boat
 I love that Lisa, Madison and Charlie are all standing the same way in this photo!

 A beautiful island all to ourselves....paradise!

 Alissa loving the water!
Me and my water baby
 Ok...there are a few of Alissa on the beach...indulge me, she just looked so cute!
 


 Aunty Lisa helping to build sand castles
 Clinton testing out his new mini Webber BBQ. It cooked our sausages perfectly! Such a novelty being able to cook up meat on a deserted island.
 Father and son exploring the rocks
 After all that swimming Alissa was exhausted and fell asleep under the shade tent.

 Finding more shells for his collection!
 Cool kid driving us out of the bay...

Lisa came to church with us on Sunday and then flew out that afternoon. I felt particularly sad hugging my sister and niece and nephew goodbye because I'm not certain if I'll see them again before they leave for the US and then I'm not sure how long it will be until I see them after that. I think a holiday to the USA is in order....
 
I look forward to a time when me and my sisters, brother and I are all living in Perth again near Mum and Dad. I want these cousins to all grow up together and form life-long bonds. One day!
 
Thank you Lisa for making the effort to come and see us in Karratha when you are in the middle of selling/packing your house and selling/organising your businesses. We loved having you stay with us and we already miss you so much. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive