Thursday, September 12, 2013

First day in Coral Bay

When Lisa told me she was planning to visit Karratha I started to think of all the places I'd like to show her and I thought wouldn't it be fantastic to show her Coral Bay? Since visiting Coral Bay earlier this year, both Clinton and I have been desperate to go back there. So it wasn't too hard to convince Clinton to take a couple of days off work to go there again. We planned to go there over one of Clinton's RDO weekends - so he had Monday off already and then he had two days of leave he could use because he'd worked a weekend on a recent shutdown. We left early Saturday morning (well...we had good intentions to leave very early but ended up leaving by 9am) and took two cars in order to fit all the kids and luggage. I had been sick on Wednesday and Thursday with what I thought was a migraine that was making me feel nauseated. Unfortunately though, it turned out to be a virus which Clinton caught on Friday and he was still sick driving to Coral Bay on Saturday. He did very well driving the whole 6 hours by himself with Alissa and Harrison (who talked the WHOLE way there). Lisa and I shared the driving in our car and tried to keep the toddlers happy with snacks and movies.
 
Now, I should add, that when I planned this trip to Coral Bay I realised that it was over the Father's Day weekend. I wrote my Dad an email saying that we would all be staying there and that Mum and him should fly into Exmouth and meet us. Dad is pretty flat out with work and church commitments so you can imagine my surprise when Dad called me and said he was booking flights for himself and Mum! We arrived in Coral Bay at about 3pm on Saturday, just after Mum and Dad. It was so nice to see them and the grandchildren were all very excited! The first thing we did was go to the shops to get some food for the next day and then we went to the beach...
 

 Sienna loved building sandcastles with Grandma
 


 Dad and Harry had a snorkel straight away!



 Sienna practising her yoga moves...again
 Harrison decided to dig holes big enough for his legs
 Then Papa helped to bury him....

 Papa made Madison a mermaid's tail...Sienna helped too


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive