This was a very special father's day because we were in Coral Bay and my Dad was with us too! Harrison was very exited to give Daddy the 'monster hug' card and 'world's best Daddy ' medal he made at school.
We gave Clinton diving fins (well, technically he bought these for himself but I didn't let him open the package until father's day), another Go Pro mount and a mini Webber BBQ (again...he kind of bought this for himself and unfortunately it didn't arrive by father's day). I made this Blurb book with photos of Clinton and the kids from the last 6 months. I was amazed by how many photos I had and all the incredible things we have done since moving to Karratha. It has quotes from the kids, Sienna said funny stuff like "I love Daddy because he TRIES to swim with me". You should be able to preview the whole book here:
Lisa, Madison and Charlie were sleeping in Mum and Dad's cabin and on father's day morning Charlie ran into their room and yelled "Papa" and gave him a big cuddle. He then pointed at Grandma and said, "what is that?" Hahaha! Kate, Lisa, Jarom and I gave our Dad a Go Pro which he was pretty excited about. Clinton and Dad were able to go snorkelling together and video underwater. Dad has always liked clever little gadgets like that.
Being a Sunday, we decided to have our own mini sacrament meeting/testimony meeting (with President Pilkington's permission - even though Coral Bay is 6 hours away from us it is still part of Karratha branch). It was a lovely opportunity to hear each others testimonies and express our gratitude for our father's and grandfather's. After this the children were all going stir-crazy in our tiny cabins so we took them to the caravan park's playground. The kids all loved the 'giant jumping pillow'.
Papa seemed to love it too! He's such a big kid!
Another one of the kids favourites...I felt dizzy just watching them!
Yep...BIG KID!
On the way to the park we noticed this giant goanna on the deck of the house next door. Charlie wanted to pat it but it made a quick exit under the deck. We saw it laying on the deck in the sun nearly every day.
Beautiful Alissa is sitting up by herself and was commando crawling on this trip
We then took a little drive around Coral Bay and saw the beaches that run off 4WD tracks. There are some good spots to go 4WDriving - we just weren't prepared with a shovel etc. in case we got bogged in the sand. Next time! Here is a photo of one of the beaches - I walked up the hill.
We then had homemade spaghetti bolognaise for dinner and ate it outside on our decks. Here are the kids playing on the grass before dinner. Harrison and Charlie had so much fun together...Harry would love a little brother (he'll have to settle for his little cousins Charlie and Jack).
Madison and Sienna playing "princesses" a game that continued throughout Lisa's stay. At dinner Madison announced, "I am Tangled" and Sienna said, "I am Beauty and the Beast". We laughingly replied, "but aren't you Rapunzel and Belle then?" They just looked at us like we were weird. There was a constant argument over who got to be "Tangled". More about Sienna's obsession will Rapunzel in another post.
Clinton, Dad and Harrison went for a walk at sunset.
It was a lovely father's day...well, until around 9pm when Sienna started vomiting. Yep, she caught the virus Clinton and I had earlier. She vomited four times and then woke up on Monday morning completely well and happy. Harrison vomited once on father's day a couple of years back...lets hope we are not starting a new tradition!
I am so grateful for my father, he is a wonderful example to me of unconditional love, patience, an inexhaustible work ethic, a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and of finding the happiness and joy in life. My Dad is always so positive in any situation and always looks for the good in people.
I am also grateful for my father-in-law and his unfailing love and support since joining the Snow family. He exemplifies a Christ-centred life full of service, kindness and love for those in and out of his family. Clinton has learned to be the considerate and loving husband that he is from his father's example.
My children are so blessed to have these amazing grandfathers who show them so much love.
I am also grateful for my grandfathers, Max and Fred, who were both incredible men who made their families feel truly loved and appreciated. I miss them and look forward to seeing them again some day.
I know I hit the jackpot when I married Clinton, he is truly the best husband and father (and I am not biased at all). He is annoyingly good at everything and is always putting his family first. He makes me and our children so happy! I feel extremely blessed to be able to spend eternity with this man.
Finally, I am grateful for my Heavenly Father:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FxdCgD-qI
Ok...enough mushy stuff! Happy Father's Day 2013.
I am also grateful for my father-in-law and his unfailing love and support since joining the Snow family. He exemplifies a Christ-centred life full of service, kindness and love for those in and out of his family. Clinton has learned to be the considerate and loving husband that he is from his father's example.
My children are so blessed to have these amazing grandfathers who show them so much love.
I am also grateful for my grandfathers, Max and Fred, who were both incredible men who made their families feel truly loved and appreciated. I miss them and look forward to seeing them again some day.
I know I hit the jackpot when I married Clinton, he is truly the best husband and father (and I am not biased at all). He is annoyingly good at everything and is always putting his family first. He makes me and our children so happy! I feel extremely blessed to be able to spend eternity with this man.
Finally, I am grateful for my Heavenly Father:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FxdCgD-qI
Ok...enough mushy stuff! Happy Father's Day 2013.


















No comments:
Post a Comment