Monday, September 30, 2013

Harrison Turns Seven

It was Harrison's 7th birthday on Thursday - it's still hard to believe that we now have a 7 year old...where have the years gone?
Harrison wanted a 'Lego' theme for his birthday cake so two nights before his birthday I had a go at moulding Lego blocks from fondant, using a silicon mould. I have never used fondant before - so this was a bit of a learning curve. Clinton cleverly cut out Harry's name from fondant using a scalpel. Then on Wednesday I baked two cakes, then thought they were too flat and tried again by doubling the mixture in both cakes. I wanted some height for the square block. Then I iced the two cakes together using butter cream icing. Clinton rolled out the green fondant and put it over the icing (harder than it looks!). Here are some photos of the cake...
 



On Thursday morning Harrison woke up at 4am...we suspect he didn't go back to sleep but he wasn't allowed to open his presents until 6am. He was pretty excited when he saw all the presents on the dining table.
Sienna wanted to give Harry her gift first...but then she insisted on opening it too!
 She gave him a pilot teddy bear (the purchase of which supports the Royal Flying Doctors service).
 Harry then opened Grammie and Papa's gift...he was very excited and has built it already! They also gave Harry lots of books and a dragon Lego kit too. Very spoilt!
 A fantastic gift from the Mamouney's...Harrison loves the Harry Potter movies.
 Aunty Darnae and Uncle Trent got Harry a microscope...he loves it!!
 Aunty Lisa got Harrison the Secret Seven series of books and a wooden rocket to paint and a mini sketching kit. We have already started the Secret Seven, great gift!!
 We got Harrison these gifts...

 I think this was his favourite...


 We also got him new board shorts and a new rashie, a music stand and some Tim Tam's! He also got more Lego from Aunty Kate and Aunty Tam - but he'd opened their presents earlier. Grandma and Papa are going to fly Harrison to Perth on his own for a little holiday with them - probably just after Christmas...he can't wait! Then I made Harrison some pancakes for breakfast.
While Harrison was at school, I made some cupcakes for his class. I was going to make them a bit fancier but I ran out of time! Harrison was happy with them.

After school Harrison tested out his new microscope, started some Lego and used his bow and arrows...

As Harrison had a big birthday party last year, we decided we would just have a family party this year. Harry wanted his best friend Michael to come - so we invited the entire Pilkington family and had a BBQ dinner at Bayton West park. I took a ton of photos (of course) but when I got home I realised the ISO was set wrong and most of my photos were noisy! I've still managed to put quite a few on here though!!


These two had a great time running around the park together
 Gorgeous Emily
 Amy and Emily
 Clinton and Bryan cooking sausages
They called themselves "hot dog champions"
 More hot dog champions!! Speaking of champions, Harrison wore his little athletics medal all night too!!
 We had a lot of trouble trying to light the candle in the wind.

 I love this boy!!

Cake time!
 Tyler very cutely was eating his slice like a piece of watermelon!
 Sienna put a whole Lego man figurine in her mouth...
 And was very unimpressed to have a mouthful of fondant! It was pretty funny.
Sparklers...



 It started to get cold so Emily wore Harrison's jumper. She looked so cute wondering around in an oversized hoodie!
Harrison said he had a great day. We are so proud of this big, grown up 7 year old!! Happy birthday Harry boy, we love you! xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive