This Anzac Day commemorated 100 years since World War One. Our family has never gone to a dawn service before but we felt the kids were old enough and that this was an important Anzac Day service to attend. We got up early and headed to Dampier at about 5.30am and once we saw the traffic we realised we should have got up much earlier. I have never seen traffic in Karratha but it was bumper to bumper all the way up the hill to Dampier. Luckily we were in the right hand lane that was moving a little faster than the left. We drove around looking for a parking spot and made it just after 6am. The service started late - around 6.15am because some of the organisers were stuck in traffic too! It was an honour to stand there and think of ancestors on both sides of our family who fought in the wars.
This photo doesn't do justice to how banked up the traffic was...I have never seen anything like it up here
A couple of photos I took on my phone
Harrison in his Anzac teeshirt
We then drove to Macca's for breakfast but apparently the rest of Mandurah had the same idea! The line was massive for drive through and inside, so we changed our minds and went to Blanche for breakfast instead. I think Alissa's apple juice was a little sour by this funny face she's pulling!





No comments:
Post a Comment