Clinton took Harrison to his first 'Little Athletics' get together last night at Bulgara oval. It wasn't an official training session, the kids just played games and had a sausage sizzle. It was, however, a training night for the parents! Parents have many responsibilities at Little Athletics, they have to help set up equipment, help with taking and recording measurements (for events like shot put and long jump) and record running times. They assist during training nights and competition nights...I don't think Clinton realised what he was signing himself up for!
I think it will be good for Clinton and Harrison to have this special time together every Friday night. Clinton was always very good at athletics in primary school and high school (amongst other things he was the athletics captain). I wasn't too bad at athletics myself - but was way too lazy!! Hopefully this will be something that will build Harrison's confidence. The season officially starts at the beginning of May...I'll update on how he's going once he starts.
All ready to go to Little Athletics together
Harry's official competition number


No comments:
Post a Comment