Friday, April 26, 2013

Anzac Day

Clinton has been working really long hours lately so it was nice to have him home on the Anzac Day holiday. In the morning I made Anzac cookies and Sienna, watching me making them commented, "you're making Anzac cookies out of porridge? Awww....yuck!" Haha! Well despite her reservations, Sienna managed to eat a fair few cookies throughout the day!

Harrison told us that he had learned about Simpson and his donkey at school. I was able to tell Harrison that his great, great grandfather served in Gallipoli and was wounded and carried on Simpson's donkey to the hospital tent. It's wonderful that Harrison is at an age where he can learn about his ancestors and their sacrifices in WWI and WWII. The school also had an Anzac Day assembly with a poppy wreath from each class to commemorate the diggers.  
 
We then decided to go to Point Samson again for a BBQ and a swim. It was pretty humid and hot by the time we got there so we quickly ate our sausages and headed to the beach. Alissa had her first swim in the ocean and screamed the whole time. Normally I think she'd love it but she was tired and hot and bothered. So I lay her under the shade tent and she promptly fell asleep. It was low tide so the kids could run a long way in with the water only reaching their waists. We found hundreds of tiny hermit crabs (Harrison called them "herman crabs") all over the beach. The kids loved watching them and picking them up.   
 
We left the camera in the car - so here are a few shots I took on my iPhone.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive