Monday, April 15, 2013

Clinton's Birthday

Clinton had to leave for work early on his birthday so we decided to save his presents for after work. Harrison thought Daddy needed to have a "surprise party" after work so we bought some balloons to decorate. Sienna sat with a pile of balloons and tried with all her might to blow them up! She then gave them to Mummy covered in spit and said, "you do it Mum". Nice! 
 

 Harrison managed to blow up the bulk of the balloons all by himself. After blowing up about 8 of them he said, "I don't feel so good Mum". I told him to go and sit on the couch and rest his lungs a bit. He sat on the couch but continued to blow up balloons...he really wanted Daddy's night to be special.
 Alissa sat in eager anticipation for Daddy to come home...or in eager anticipation for her next feed...who knows??
 Harrison waited outside for at least 15 - 20 minutes for Daddy to come home. He then told Daddy to close his eyes and led him to the kitchen and yelled "surprise!"
 These aren't the best photos because I was half way through cooking dinner so I was snapping photos and cooking at the same time! Harrison gave Daddy a pair of diving gloves - perfect for spear fishing. They fit perfectly and Daddy loved them!
 Sienna unwrapped her present to Daddy (chocolate) and then ran off and hid the chocolate. Later we bribed her with birthday cake in exchange for Daddy's present. Sienna doesn't quite understand why she doesn't get a present on someone else's birthday...and hey, it's chocolate!
 Daddy's shark shield - he kind of knew this was coming because the package got delivered when he was home and he guessed what it was. All of Clinton's family and my family put in for this gift (they are expensive). Thank you family, I feel much better about Clinton spear fishing with a shark shield!
 Harrison checking out the shark shield.
 Now this present Clinton wasn't expecting. Trent gave me the idea to buy Clint the latest Go Pro - a mini high definition video camera you can use underwater, on your mountain bike, while water skiing, surfing etc. He was really excited about it! 
 I wanted to make Clinton his favourite dinner but he couldn't think of a favourite. I suggested lamb rack and he agreed saying he loves it. So I made roasted lamb rack with herb roast potatoes, balsamic cherry tomatoes, maple glazed baby carrots and a red wine jus. Clint said he loved it!
 Apparently Sienna loved it too!
 I made my Mum's 'glossy chocolate cherry cake' with chocolate ganache for Clinton's birthday cake. It was really yummy...I'm still eating the left overs today....

 Singing happy birthday!
 Everyone blowing out the candles...yes that balloon got icing all over it! haha!
Happy birthday Clinton, you are such an amazing father and husband. We feel so lucky and blessed to have you in our lives. We hope you had fun at your "surprise" party! xxo


1 comment:

  1. Sienna hiding the chocolate is so awesome. I have laughed about it every day since I read it. B xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive