Saturday, October 11, 2014

Visit to Chalkies and Whitehaven Beach

We all wanted to do some snorkelling but we needed a boat trip that was suitable for children. We found a tour that went out for three hours and visited Chalkies beach and Whitehaven beach - with snorkelling included. This is the boat we went on, the weather was beautiful...
 The little kids all fell asleep on the boat ride to Chalkies...and were very excited to be woken up and carried onto a beach. The beach gets its name 'Chalkies' because the sand is so high in silica that it literally squeaks between your toes and sounds a bit like nails on a chalkboard! The sand is so pure white and soft...it was incredible. 

 Paradise found
Chalkies is the perfect beach to snorkel at with little kids - the water is perfectly clear and there is a little reef to swim to only meters from shore. 
 Clinton and Harry all ready to snorkel

 Clinton and Harry's underwater Go Pro photos, they took video footage too that I'll upload once Clinton looks at it

Lisa took Charlie for a snorkel and he also had a ride in a rubber boat 

 While on the beach I took a few photos of beautiful, pregnant Monique. 



 Lisa and Charlie snorkelling
 Mum and Dad heading out 


 Alissa wanted to have a go too!

 I took Sienna for a snorkel and Clinton asked if I wanted to take the Go Pro. I said no because I was sure she'd hate it and want to pull off her mask straight away. I was wrong! Sienna was amazing breathing through the snorkel and even talking to me underwater. She was floating on a body board with a hole in the middle to put her head into. She loved it. Unfortunately this is the only photo of her snorkelling. 
Proud little girl!
 It was such a beautiful beach for the girls to play on

After an hour on Chalkies we took the boat to Whitehaven beach. This beach is voted Australia's number 1 beach and number 5 of the top beaches in the world. It has an even higher level of silica in the sand than Chalkies!



Our boat guide took the kids into the bush behind the beach to show them this goanna 



 Then the boat guides started throwing fish food into the water which attracted hundreds of fish! The kids thought it was fantastic! 
 Clinton's Go Pro photos of the fish underwater 



Playing with the beautiful sand...great for exfoliating too...
 A couple of family group shots...

It was a pretty amazing day...wish I was back there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive