Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Birthday Surprises

Another year, another birthday...and another year older!
I felt my age when I had my first birthday surprise, the kids all waking up at 4.30am and staying awake. Clinton tried to take the baby after I fed her so I could go back to sleep but I could hear her crying and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. I would like to say this early start is out of the ordinary but alas, sleep hasn't really been a friend to our family lately. Clinton and I haven't had a full nights sleep for months and early starts have been something we've lived with since Harrison was born. Why aren't we well adjusted to sleep deprivation then???
 
Anyway, I was showered with cuddles, kisses, cards and gifts...and was made to feel very special and loved by my little family. Clinton gave me a new camera body and two lenses - I couldn't wait to try them out. So spoilt!
 
Clinton's parents called to wish me a happy birthday and then spoke to Harrison on the phone. They told him they had hidden a gift for me under his bed! Surprise number two! They had already given me a new slow cooker and electric frying pan for my birthday - so extra presents were very unexpected and sneaky of them!
 
Then surprise number three...a package was delivered that day from my Mum and Kate. Inside was a cookbook and 'caramel snow's' from Mum, plus a Karrinyup gift voucher that I am very keen to use in January! Kate gave me a Myer voucher which will also be put to good use!
 
Surprise number four, Dad calls to say that he's coming to Karratha on the 3.50pm flight! He was working in Port Headland the next day and managed to change his flights so that he flew into Karratha instead. He would stay for dinner with us then drive on to Port Headland (approx. 2 and a half hours away). I was blown away that he would do that! Harrison found out Papa was coming when he got home from school and was SO excited!
 
Clinton managed to get home by 4pm and once Dad arrived we took off for a picnic at Hearson's Cove. Here are some photos of our evening together...
 
I thought Alissa would struggle to warm up to Dad because she hasn't seen him for a while - but I think having Papa and Grammie here recently helped her to warm up to someone new faster! She let Dad hold her and was smiling at him the whole time.
 Our picnic spot...can't get more ideal than that!

 Sienna and Harrison wanted to walk out on the beach at low tide with Papa straight away.
At low tide there are lots of little crabs, sea snails and other cool things to discover.
 A humble sea snail
 Discovering some pot holes in the muddy sand
 Of course this girl was straight into making mud pies!
 Freedom!
 I love this photo...
They had so much fun exploring together...
 
 

 I am in love with my new camera and  Cannon L Series lens...I had so much fun playing with it.

 Bubby was just enjoying the food...of course (and I may or may not have airbrushed the food off her face, clothes, hands....) 
 Sienna completely ignores my camera and refuses to look at me when I'm taking pictures...sometimes it makes her photos even more special though.

 TRYING to have a group photo with Dad....
 Unfortunately I was holding onto Dad's frameless spectacles and somehow dropped them...somewhere. They disappeared! We looked everywhere but they were gone - Dad was very good about it - sorry Dad!
 Late Sunday night Clinton baked a cake ready for the next day - a chocolate mud cake with whipped, chocolate cream cheese frosting. I requested maltesers on top...it was yum!
 
 As you can see, Dad had to wear his prescription safety glasses in order to read his emails....oops!
 I had such a lovely birthday, full of surprises and happy memories. Thank you to Clinton for planning and making my birthday special and to Dad for visiting us at the last minute and making it an extra special picnic. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family...now to keep playing with my new camera!! Yay!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive