Thursday, March 7, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is always a bit of a non event for Clinton and I because it's our anniversary the day before. This year I thought it would be nice to make some heart shaped cookies with the kids and let them decorate them for Daddy. Sienna ate LOTS of icing! Harrison decided he wanted to "pixie drop" some of his cookies to his best friend Michael...we had a bit of a laugh about this! Harry tried to drop them off that night with Clint but the Pilkington's weren't home so they got a "surprise" (or pretended to be) the following night. Harry actually knocked really loud and gave Amy a fright as she was standing right near the door.







We took so long decorating cookies that dinner wasn't started at all when Clinton got home. I didn't have anything planned, I just told Clint to bbq the steak in the fridge. While I was bathing the kids Clint came up with this dinner from stuff in the fridge (I know...he makes me sick). Love the heart shaped mash potatoes!


Baby Alissa was dressed in a jumpsuit with a heart on it by accident (I'd like to say I planned for her to wear it on Valentine's Day but alas, I am not that organised). She was very happily watching the kids decorate the cookies. Love her cute little smile. x



2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me with that dinner? You gave him the steak and that's it?? No further instructions?? Lucky you!! And I love the heart-shaped mashed potato :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Clint is embarrassed that I put that photo up. He just put it together with what he could find and very quickly..no thought involved (apart from putting the mash in heart shaped cookie moulds right at the end). He's clever with coming up with food combinations and sauces etc. I always need to follow a recipe!! Like I said, he makes me sick! But, I know I'm very lucky to have him :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive