As it's nearly Easter, we have started doing some Easter craft to get into the spirit of things! Grammie sent the kids Easter books filled with activities and things to make. Harrison has been having a blast making Easter decorations from these books. Grammie also sent some wrappers that you put on eggs and then put into boiling water so they stick. Harry liked blowing the egg yolk out of the eggs!!
On Monday night we did a FHE lesson on Easter and discussed why we have been making Spring decorations and what an egg symbolises. We then read the Easter story of how Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and then died on the cross and was resurrected three days later. We watched the video clip the church has brought out on the Easter story too. Harrison is really starting to understand the true Easter message and asked lots of good questions. Sienna on the other hand did what any two year old would do and mucked around through the whole of FHE. I didn't think she'd heard a word I'd said but wasn't too worried because she's still so little. Then the next morning Sienna said, "last night we watched a TV show about Jesus, He broke His body and His Mummy cried." I was shocked! I said, "then what happened to Jesus after he died?" She said, "oh...then He came back and He was happy!" I couldn't believe she'd understood that much when she was playing through the whole lesson. It has made me realise that children really do understand more than we give them credit for and even though FHE is often pretty chaotic it's worth it!
Yesterday after school we made some Easter egg shaped cookies - also thanks to Grammie! Harrison had his friend Michael over for a play and they iced the cookies and ate most of them!!
Sienna just ate, haha! They were yum.














No comments:
Post a Comment