Friday, September 29, 2017

iPhone Photos September - Part Two (Final goodbyes in Karratha)

Amy tried to organise a girls night out with the women from church before I left and plans kept falling through. She managed to organise one a few days before I left at Vita restaurant. It was a really fun night and I was grateful to have the chance to say goodbye to everyone. 
 Gorgeous Serena gave me a beautiful card and a bracelet, she's such a cherished friend and I'm grateful for her in my life. It was very hard leaving her! Deanna also gave me a book in a series I'm reading that I was very excited about! I love the whole Dimitrov family and I hope they all move to Perth one day. 
After dinner a few of us went to McDonalds for dessert. They had a charity drive selling stripy socks for Ronald McDonald House. We all bought a pair and had fun taking these photos (the Macca's manager thought we were a bit crazy!). 


Amy and Georgia helped with babysitting in those last days of packing and moving. I am so grateful for their love and support over the last few crazy weeks of our time in Karratha. Amy took ALL of my kids several times during that last week and fed them and us dinner a few times too. She took these photos of her and my kids together. 

Some photos Amy took while babysitting my kids over several days, they all get along so well! 



The kids were at Amy's house until about 9pm on the night before the removalists came. It was such a stressful and busy day and it was made a million times easier without all the kids! Amy fed them pizza for dinner that night. I was extremely grateful for her help. 

Tyler and Alissa playing the 'Game of Life'. 
Amy took this photo of Michael and Harry's last day together at church - separating best friends is never easy. 
Amy's photo of Tyler and Sienna 
and Emily and Sienna 
Amy also took this photo of Harrison and his two best school friends Tobie and Michael on his last day of school 
When I found out we were leaving Karratha and so quickly I was shocked. I was heartbroken to leave  a town that I had grown to love and such close friends. My heart ached the most for Harrison though, knowing he wouldn't get to finish primary school at Tambrey and without his best friend Michael. It was really hard to tell him we were leaving. 
More of Amy's photos of the kids while she was babysitting 
Zara just adores Amy and usually wanted Amy over me if we were in the same room. They have a special bond and even now - nearly 6 months later, if Zara sees a photo of Amy or talks to her on the phone she gets really excited. 
Michael gave Harrison a beautiful photo book with lots of photos of their time together in Karratha. The funny thing is that I also started a photo book for Harrison to give Michael and it was from the same place, the same size, with many of the same photos. Unfortunately, with everything going on I didn't have time to finish it. Harrison was really touched by this gift and luckily Amy printed one for Michael too. 
More of Amy's photos of the kids at her house while babysitting - they had the best time!

Emily and Sienna making cookies on the day before we left 
A last group shot of my children and the Baker's. My kids were lucky to have Indy and Reeve just around the corner for the last few months of our time in Karratha. They would walk over to our house regularly and swim in the pool and play together. My kids would often end up at their house too. Indy and Reeve are more like cousins to my kids than friends and it was very difficult to leave them. I drove them to the airport in the morning the day before we left. I was crying saying goodbye to Georgia, even though I knew I'd be seeing her in Perth soon. I hated the fact that we were leaving Karratha without them and didn't know when we'd be living in the same place again! 


We had a last playdate at the park with some of the girl's school friends. 
Alissa and her bestie Taj and his brother Kai. Alissa and Taj got up to lots of mischief together in school readiness and it was just as well they weren't in the same class for kindy! 
Sienna and her friend Indy 
On the day before we left Karratha, Amy babysat in the afternoon for me (again!) and then she invited us and the Rodoni's over for a farewell dinner. I thought this was perfect as the Pilkington's had us for dinner the day we arrived in Karratha over four and a half years ago. We felt really welcomed by them and it helped to settle my nerves knowing such a nice family was living close by and in our branch and the kids were in the same school. Little did I know how close I would get to Amy and how close our children and Clinton and Bryan would become. They are some of our very best friends and they truly made our time in Karratha better by being there. I really struggled leaving Amy and one of the first things we did when we arrived in Perth was drive past our new house and the Pilkington's new house. We worked out that we were only a 10 minute drive away from them (and shared the same McDonalds - haha!). It made me feel better knowing they would be moving close to us in just over a year (Right Bryan and Amy??! No changing those plans!!!). I can't wait for many more adventures with them in Perth soon. 

It was really sad saying goodbye to Emi and the Rodoni's too. They have been amazing friends in Karratha and we have shared many happy times with them boating, fishing and 4wheel driving. Clinton and Mick are close buddies too and Clint really appreciated his friendship over the years. I hope they move back to Perth (well, they'll be down south but closer than Karratha) soon. Their kids are close with our kids and we cherish our friendship with them all. 
Clint having a final chat with his good friends Mick and Bryan 
The kids having their dinner picnic style on the front lawn

The worst part about this evening was at the end when we all had to say goodbye. I was crying saying goodbye to Emi and Amy. Harrison and Michael didn't want to say goodbye to each other and we were all in tears pulling out of their driveway. It was more than a little heartbreaking and I never imagined when we moved to Karratha that we would be that close to another family. It was hard leaving Karratha but even harder saying goodbye to our friends. We have the best memories with them all and we will cherish our years up there forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive