Wednesday, September 27, 2017

iPhone Photos September - Part One

In the last few weeks of living in Karratha, life was pretty hectic and my phone was used for all my photos. I'm pretty bad at remembering everything that happened in those weeks as I was flat out busy!  It's all a bit of a blur but I'll do my best at describing what was going on!! These photos are out of order too but bare with me. 

One Saturday morning Kent was away, Mick was away and Clint was away so everyone came to our house for a swim. The girls got into some face paints first! I think Alissa's is hilarious!
Most of it washed off in the pool. 
On Father's Day I was running primary on my own and had to find a little something for the kids to give their dads. I made chocolate chip cookies with these handouts. The kids made and decorated their own cards. 

On Erana's birthday, Serena organised a last minute surprise breakfast. She made this yummy cake too. 

Such lovely Karratha friends, I miss them all!

We tried to fit as many "last" playdates as we could with school friends. The Beaton's were special friends to us in Karratha. Sienna started kindergarten with Charli and Alissa started school readiness and kindy with Addison. They are lovely girls and we got to know them well. 

Clinton briefly joined the church basketball team 'The Saints' before we left town. It is made up mostly of Maori men - hence the pattern on the uniform and Clinton's face. Clint joked that Kent Baker and him were the only "white" men on the team....hmmm. 
Alissa has loved participating in gymnastics and this was her last session at the end of term 3. The obstacle course was set up like the TV show 'Australian Ninja Warrior'. She had a great time!




Her confidence really grew over the years and I was really proud of how she had progressed. 

Janet is the owner/head coach of the Karratha Gymnastics Club and she was always kind and supportive to my girls. I was glad she was there on Alissa's last day. 
Janet even allowed Alissa to get her medal - even though she hadn't finished the year. 

A grainy photo of Harrison and Michael at their special sleepover. They were watching a movie in the pool. 
One of our last boating trips (or maybe even our last boating trip??) in Karratha. We called Leanne on our way out and asked if she'd like to come - she hadn't done much boating in Karratha and was excited to come along! 
I think Michael came out on the boat that day with us too!
Leanne took this photo of all my girls asleep on me on our way home. 
A last dinner out with some of my closest school mum friends. Monique, Catherine, me and Maureen. They were lovely girls and I wish I'd had longer to get to know them. 
Alissa's last day at Kindy, it was a "wear your favourite sports team" day. Her teachers were Mrs Ingrey, Mrs Conner and Mrs Morris. She loved her first experience of Kindergarten and was very sad to leave. 
Harrison's amazing teacher Mrs Campman-Withers took this photo of Harry with his finished Harry Potter marionette puppet. Harrison very sadly said goodbye to this lovely teacher, I wish I had taken a photo of them together. 
Sienna with her year one teacher Miss Alicia and her best school friend Lily. 
Lily and Sienna - they went right through Kindergarten, preprimary and year one together. 
Sienna's other close friend Olivia 
Some iPhone photos of the Branch BBQ at Hearson's Cove 

Alissa and Riley 
When I went into Primary on my last Sunday, they had set up this goodbye on the whiteboard. 

A group photo of the kids and I taken by Amy. I really enjoyed serving in the primary presidency for the last two and a half years of our time in Karratha. I love and miss all the kids. 
A crazy one!
A few photos with some of my closest friends...it was all starting to sink in that Sunday and I was pretty emotional. 


Sienna and Alissa had a playdate at Olivia's house while we were in the midst of moving (Harry was at Amy's house). They were sad to say goodbye to each other. 

A playdate at the park one morning with some families from church. Sienna gave Milly a 'Best Friends' necklace. They have been friends for years and Sienna was finding it difficult to say goodbye. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive