I think some of my posts will be out of order, it's hard for me to remember when everything happened before we left. It was such a busy, crazy time! We hosted our own going away BBQ at Hearson's, just so that no one else was burdened with it and we could keep it simple. We also wanted to thank our church branch for all their support and kindness over the years. We just had sausages in buns and smores on the bonfire..easy. I didn't get to take many photos as it was hard trying to talk to everyone and organise food. It was a lovely night though and I'm glad we had a chance to do it.
The set up for our bonfire - it was packed later that night.
Clinton cooking the sausages - Kent brought his BBQ and cooked too.
I let Harrison invite his school friends as they had been asking if he was going to have a "going away party". There's Michael, Harrison, Jaxon, Tobie and Zachary. A really sweet group of boys.
Georgia and I cracking up when we realised we were dressed the same!
It was very hard to leave Georgia behind in Karratha...it was a goodbye I didn't want to make. Her family is like family to us and it was a blessing having them move to Karratha. We have many happy memories together there, we will cherish them.
Zara and Shana, I think Zara is thinking, "where is Amy??" haha!
We loved being in Karratha Branch. It opened our eyes to how amazing a small branch can be. Everyone knows everyone else so well and there is help and support that you never get in a big ward. Clint really enjoyed being branch president for the last couple of years and we feel blessed to have had the opportunity to be part of such a beautiful branch. It was very hard to say goodbye to everyone.









No comments:
Post a Comment