Saturday, July 16, 2016

Melbourne Zoo

We visited the Melbourne Zoo with Grandma, Jarom, Monique, Ava and Monique's sister Erin (unfortunately Papa couldn't come too). I always forget what a beautiful zoo the Melbourne one is. Not only are the enclosures first class in their design and natural looking aesthetics, the paths and gardens around the zoo are just lovely to walk around. 

Here is Alissa and Sienna guiding 'tiny mini' around the zoo, they just adore her. 
Mon and Ava
Aunty Erin and Ava
My rugged up little Zara baby - she loved walking around the zoo and looking at everything.


Ava and Jarom 

I hadn't seen this lemur enclosure before, it's quite new and is now my favourite. There are no fences directly between you and the lemurs making you feel very close to them (much easier to take photos too). 

Ahhh King Julian...

Ava isn't sure about these lemurs...


Bamboo growing along the paths

Jus posen..

This cool cat, growing up right before my eyes. 

Harrison is nearly as tall as Grandma...





Another child who is growing up too fast...pavement bag and all. 

I think these two have watched their mother taking photos a few too many times...guilty.
Butterfly House (a childhood favourite of mine, I have happy memories of my Grandma Lois taking me to the zoo and going into the butterfly house with me). 




Hey Alissa, there's something on your shoulder...
Mini photographer

Mum and I - how I love and miss her now that she's living in the States. 
It's hard to get these two to pose for a serious photo!! 


Daddy's shoulders are the best!
A little blurry but I love this photo
Who doesn't love the penguins? 








They saved grandma and captured the croc...tough Pilbara kids. 

Sienna having a Harry Potter moment...I wonder if she can speak parseltongue? 

Tough gig being pushed around in a comfy pram. 
At the end of our Zoo day we had to tearfully say our final goodbyes to Grandma. Harrison was particularly sad as he understood how far away Grandma and Papa were moving. I didn't help the situation by crying myself and then continuing to cry in the car. We miss Grandma and Papa so much. 
Group hug. 


1 comment:

Blog Archive