A few weeks back we returned to Python Pool in the late afternoon and had it all to ourselves. It's my favourite time to go there because it's not only usually deserted at that time but also free of direct sunlight making it perfect for photos. I'll never tire of the contrasting colours of the Pilbara, such bright blues against red rock and splashes of green...add some charred black and it's stunning.
Python Pool makes a crystal clear mirror image of itself in this light
This beautiful girl exploring the rocks
So tiny against this gigantic landscape
Zara enjoying the outdoors
Getting out the drone...
I can see why this area has spiritual significance to the aboriginal people, it has a very ethereal, otherworldly feel to it.
More reflections
Walking back to the car we were treated to this view, the sun setting on the rocks made them bright orange and red. I love that the moon was visible too.
By this stage there were mozzies everywhere so we made a hasty getaway!



































Gorgeous pictures Sare!!
ReplyDelete