Thursday, July 14, 2016

A few moments from our Melbourne trip

Going through these photos it's hard to believe this was back in July and I'm blogging about it in September. Where have the last 2 months gone? As usual our family has been flat out lately and now I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. 

In the second week of the July school holidays we flew to Melbourne to stay for a week. Mum and Dad were flying to Salt Lake City for Dad to begin his work as a general authority in the church offices and they stopped via Melbourne to see their families and say goodbye. Our family along with Kate and Jarom's families flew to Melbourne to meet them there and say our final goodbyes.
After two flights (Darnae kindly met us at Perth airport with Renz and Nate to have a quick visit before boarding our next flight) we arrived in Melbourne and drove straight to Grammie and Papa's house. The kids were ecstatic to be in Grammie and Papa's house again and were delighted to see the customary 'lolly table' prepared for their arrival.

  We had a family lunch on Saturday at an Italian restaurant in Brighton, both Mum and Dad's siblings were all there and some of my cousins and Nana Patsy. Even Mum's Aunty Nancy and some of her cousins drove up from Ballarat. It was wonderful to see everyone and catch up. I had planned to take a ton of photos at this event but got caught up chatting to everyone and settling Zara and didn't take a single photo! Uncle Paul snapped these few photos on his phone. Grammie and Papa babysat Sienna and Alissa for us which was good as we stayed for about five hours! 




On the Friday before the family gathering, we spent the day at Grammie and Papa's house. Tammy works from home on Fridays so she came to see us and worked a bit in between entertaining and spoiling the kids!
Zara lapped up the attention and cuddles from Grammie and Aunty 



Making cupcake "burgers" with Aunty, the kids all had a ball (Aunty has the patience of a saint!).


Finished products
Harry's plate of burgers


Papa had only just had a hernia surgery a few days before we arrived, yet he still managed to play with the kids and help them harvest lots of goodies from his garden (one of their favourite things to do at his house). Zara was all smiles every time she saw Papa - I think she remembers the long nights they spent together when she was first born. 

Finding some carrots just big enough to eat



I wish I'd snapped some more photos of Grammie and Zara, they were so sweet together. 

Church on Sunday and of course I didn't think to bring my camera. I took a few iPhone photos out the front of the temple, the kids were excited to learn that this was where Clinton and I were married. 

This is my favourite...so much love in Alissa's face for her Papa

One morning Dad took Clinton and I to Costco (to stock up...thanks Dad) and then I went to Dandenong Plaza to meet Sophie and Uncle Stephen for lunch while Clinton met my Dad at Monash University for a meeting. Sophie and Stephen totally spoiled my kids with clothes and accessories from Pavement. I wish I'd taken a photo of Sophie and I together! I miss her and wish we didn't live so far away from our cousins. 
 While Dad and Clinton were in a meeting at Monash, Harrison got to visit Aunty at work. They had lunch together and then she pulled a few strings and managed to get him into the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering department to see all their latest work. Of course he was most excited by the race cars...and even got to sit in one! Aunty also bought him some cool stuff from the Monash gift shop, he's sold on studying engineering at Monash now (where my Dad studied mechanical engineering) but he could also decide to study at RMIT where Papa Snow was dean of engineering or Melbourne University where his Dad studied...lets not start on where his uncles studied engineering in Perth...he has a variety of options (although, perhaps he doesn't want to be an engineer??!)! 
A night at the temple with the Meurs and Thatcher families - it was pretty special
 These photos are all a bit out of order, it was a really busy week with many family get togethers. We had such a lovely stay at Grammie and Papa's house and they willingly babysat for us on numerous occasions. The kids enjoyed every second of it..like this precious moment of making orange juice with Papa Snow. It's all these little moments that add up to wonderful childhood memories with their grandparents. I am filled with gratitude for the grandparents my children have been blessed with on both sides of the family.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive