Friday, August 28, 2015

Athletics Carnival & Inter-school Carnival

The day after the 'book week' dress up day we had the school sports carnival (it was a busy week). Harrison is in Burrup (blue faction) so the girls sprayed their hair blue to support him and Sienna painted her face with blue zinc. 
Can you spot Harrison in the middle?
It was a hot day so luckily we were able to sit under someone else's shade tent. 
Sienna had a little race with her fellow kindy kids

She slowed down as the finish line approached but ran really well!
Alissa and Sienna enjoying cupcakes from the cake stall

Harrison's 1st division 50 metre race


He came third - well done Harry!

Harrison's 100 metre race in 1st division 
He came third again with exactly the same boys getting the same places!

Harrison ended up with four third ribbons after doing relay races. I was really proud of how hard he ran in all his races! As he was in 1st division he was asked to participate in the inter-school carnival two weeks later. I went for the beginning to watch his sprint race and a few of the group games. I missed his relay race at the end of the day though. 
Throwing and catching race 
Harrison's 100 metre race - it was a fast race and I think he ran the hardest he's ever run. He didn't get a place but it was very close. 


Flag relay 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive