Clinton and I were woken some time before 6am by Sienna, Clinton jumped out of bed and shut the door in hopes I could get a bit of a sleep in. It was lovely! I came out just before 7am and Harrison and Sienna told me to go back to bed until 7am. They came with me to my bedroom and Harry gave me a cute present he had made at school for me. Here is his fold-out card.
Here is his present
Inside was a 'Mum's survival kit'
I like the 'marble - for when you've lost yours' Harry thought that was hilarious too!
Harrison after giving me his present!
A brave Mum taking a morning selfie with the kids....
Then Clinton brought in my breakfast - eggs florentine! So yummy!! He poached the eggs perfectly and made the hollandise sauce in the thermomix. I wasn't expecting breakfast in bed let alone something so fancy!
Sienna's present with a picture of Mummy on the front
Harry's present...more chocolate!! You can never have too much, right?
Alissa had only just woken up and was having a bad morning...she didn't want to do the present thing!
Clinton's card was classic...
I was very spoilt with chocolates from the kids and a hair curler I've been wanting from Clinton!
I got Clinton to take a couple of photos of the kids and I before church.

I had a lovely relaxing afternoon after church...Alissa had a long sleep and Harrison and Sienna were really good. Clinton was busily making dinner and dessert!! Here is our delicious dinner - honey and mustard crusted lamb rack with a warm chorizo and potato salad.
Alissa loved her lamb cutlet!
He made the best key lime pie for dessert! Well...we don't have key limes here so using ordinary limes. Soooo good! Seriously, there is nothing that man can't do!
I think Sienna enjoyed the meringue...
I had such a wonderful mother's day and felt so spoilt and loved by my little family. I am so glad I am sealed to them for eternity, they are the best! Clinton went all out to make my day as happy and relaxing as possible. I don't know how I managed to score him as my husband...but I am one very lucky girl.
I called my Mum on mother's day and we had a nice chat. She is an amazingly talented person - the day before she had directed a play, Oscar Wilde's 'The Importance of Being Ernest'...photos coming soon. Mum has a great sense of humour and I love having a laugh with her. She has always been there for me my whole life - a kind, selfless, supporting and loving mother. I hope I can one day emulate her qualities as a mother...she has set the bar very high! Love you Mum! xx
We wrote to Clinton's Mum on Facebook as she's travelling with his Dad in Europe right now!! Lucky things! Theone is such a kind and compassionate mother-in-law. She has set such a good example of selfless service for Clinton and I. Love you too Mum, enjoy the rest of your trip. xx


















No comments:
Post a Comment