Friday, May 16, 2014

Baby Lucy

My sister Kate had her second baby on the 5th of April and after a couple of weeks of deliberation named her Lucy Patricia Herbert. Patricia is after Matt's grandmother and Kate's Nana.

 I didn't want to miss my chance to meet Lucy as a newborn baby and convinced Clinton to let me go to Perth for a long weekend. Clinton very kindly took Friday off work and had an RDO on the Monday so I had a few days in Perth (child free!). That's right, Clinton looked after all three of our children by himself...with no complaints...thanks Clinton!

Once we knew Lucy's name, Clinton and I made this cushion as a gift for her (using our Silhouette Cameo to design and cut out the stencil).
Proud Grandma with Lucy
 Big brother Jack!
She has such wise eyes...she loves looking at people

 Lucy asleep in the high chair in her baby sleeping bag - very cosy!

 Lucy is a beautiful baby



 I love this photo of Jack giving big brother cuddles!
 Of course I had many cuddles myself...
This is one of my favourite photos...
Jack is growing up so fast - nearly three and such a big boy!



 Mummy and bub
 Jack looking smart after church
 Jack loves his Papa


 One crying photo...Lucy has a bit of colic and poor Kate doesn't get much sleep at night. Luckily she had Mum to help her during the day while Matt was away.

 I had such a nice visit spending time with Kate, Jack and Lucy (Matt was away working offshore). I also got to spend some time with Mum which was lovely too. Kate, Mum and I all went out for lunch together on Friday (I picked up a half size violin for Harrison as he's outgrown his old violin) and did some shopping together. I got to watch Mum's play rehearsal on the Saturday I was there too - it was fantastic!
But the best bit was just cuddling my gorgeous new niece Lucy and catching up with Kate - without the distraction of my own children. Alissa would not have let me cuddle Lucy very much if at all! It was a wonderful weekend - thanks again Clinton.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive