Monday, February 3, 2014

First Day of School

It has been weeks since I've even opened my blog account...I took the kids to Perth for most of January and I now have literally a thousand photos to sort through...be prepared for a bombardment!
 
 I will eventually get to editing my Perth photos but in the meantime I'll start with what has happened over the past few days. Yesterday was Harrison's first day of year two! He was a little distressed to discover that Michael, his best friend, is in a different class this year. However, we were able to comfort Harrison by showing him all the children in his class who he does know and telling him that he can still play with Michael at recess and lunch. He was pretty brave when I dropped him off to his new classroom - there were some tears in his eyes which he quickly wiped away. I was pleased by my first impressed of his teacher, she is young and enthusiastic and has a kind manner with the children. When I picked Harrison up he was really happy and when asked about his teacher he said, "Oh she is just lovely Mum". I had a giggle!
Sienna also started "school" yesterday...well a 'school readiness program' that she'll attend every Monday for two hours. I was worried about how she'd go as the whole day care thing hadn't worked out and I was bracing myself for tears when I left her. I was pleasantly surprised by her reaction, she didn't cry - just waved goodbye to me! The program is run by two teachers and it is structured like a kindergarten program. I sat with her for a few minutes and we practised tracing, then I played with her for a few minutes in the home corner. The teacher then rang the bell to indicate it was time for Mummies to leave and for the children to sit on the mat. Sienna sat with her new friends Milla and Tahlia (she has two other friends with the same names so she warmed up to them fast) and waved goodbye to me! Yay! I'll see if I get the same reaction next week. She told me she had a great time and was excited to show me her painting and a macaroni necklace she'd made. I think the program only being two hours is a good thing for Sienna.  
 
After school we had a special 'first day' afternoon tea of jelly, cupcakes and ham and cheese croissants - not super healthy but I think it's ok for one afternoon tea! 
 


So far, so good for school in 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive