On Saturday it was the perfect conditions for boating, the water was so smooth and there was hardly any wind. We invited the Pilkington family to come with us as they haven't been on the boat yet. Amy and Emily stayed home as Amy was nearly 40 weeks pregnant and ended up having her baby the following Tuesday morning - too close to go boating to an Island with no phone reception! Bryan came with Michael and Tyler and we first took the boat to Angel Island but there was a lot of seaweed and muck in the water so we went to our favourite, Marney Bay.
On the way to Marney Bay we spotted a group of Dolphins and they were leaping out of the water, of course as soon as I tried to photograph them they stopped!
Bryan showed the boys how to build a proper sand castle
Such a paradise!
Alissa is now walking everywhere and even had a go walking on the uneven sand. She is such a beach baby!
This is as far as the sandcastle got as the tide was coming in fast and soon swept it away.
A very quick photo I took of a crab - it quickly buried itself in the sand after I snapped this photo.
Clinton took the kids and Bryan for a biscuit ride on the water while I stayed behind with Alissa who fell asleep in the shade...she was so peaceful.
These two are such sweet friends!
We had sausages in buns for lunch and then headed back. Unfortunately we all got sunburnt! My kids hardly ever burn and even though I put suncream on them they were all a bit red. Poor Michael and Tyler got burnt the worst though! I think hats will stay on the whole time next time!














No comments:
Post a Comment