Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sienna's "Tangled" Party - Part 2

Before the children arrived I dressed Sienna in one of her birthday presents from us - a Rapunzel dress and wig. She liked the wig for about 5 minutes and then said she didn't want to wear it anymore. I think it was too heavy for her head so I didn't force her...but I did take some photos before she took it off!


Once all the guests had arrived we started by playing 'pin the nose on Flynn Ryder'

  Then we went outside to play 'lets get tangled' the children had to find a partner to tangle them up in an allotted amount of time - whoever was the most tangled won the game!

 Lucy all tangled up!
 Pretty Tahlia watching on...
 
 Milly and Tom
 We then played 'save Pascal from the ice block' ( a game I copied from the Pilkington's). The kids pour water on the block and try to melt it to get their lizard out first. They worked in four little teams. As I only have one fridge (with a small freezer), Amy froze the blocks and put them in their separate freezer for me. Bryan ran home and picked them up just before we played...it was a huge help.


Harrison was really good with helping his little team mates
 Harrison got his lizard out first!
 Michael with his team's lizard

 Then the kids lined up to play 'throw Pascal in the frying pan'
 The birthday girl went first, I love this photo Clinton got of her in mid-throw

 While waiting in line Michael took the opportunity to get tangled again!
 Little Tahlia and Elise playing with water...Tahlia tipped a bucket of water over her head, poor love!
 The big boys having a turn!
 Time to eat...


 Sienna and Tyler having a good chat at the table
 Lucy enjoying a cupcake





 I forgot to add these to my previous post, I made cheese and bacon puff pastry "braids" - not a great photo of them but they looked cute and they were yum!
 Time to sing to the birthday girl, she sang along "happy birthday to me..." better than last year when she burst into tears!

 She did a great job blowing out her candles

Harry and Sienna trying to "catch" the smoke
 Make a wish...
 Alissa slept through most of the party but woke up and had some food...I think she was stunned by all the people in her dining room.



 Tom and Milly going home with their goodie bags

Sienna loved her party and I was glad with how it all went. After being up really late the night before and getting up early the next day I was exhausted by the end but happy that Sienna enjoyed herself so much.

1 comment:

  1. A great party with clearly a lot of effort from mum and dad. What a lucky girl! Bryan

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive