I have a million photos of Sienna's party (I know, what a surprise!). As you know, Sienna is obsessed with Disney princesses and one of her favourites is "Bekunzel" (Rapunzel from the Disney movie 'Tangled'). She was thrilled with the idea of a Tangled party for her third birthday. We have decided our children can have a birthday party every three years, each taking turns and this year was Sienna's. I had so much fun surfing the net and Pinterest and finding ideas for her party...and buying stuff online for the party too! Here are some of the decorations...we had braided ropes at the front door and on the ceiling everywhere and Flynn Ryder "wanted" posters scattered around. I went with the Rapunzel theme colours of purple and yellow.
We hung purple lanterns from the ceiling (like the lanterns Rapunzel desperately wants to see) and put the sun symbol on them (thanks Amy for cutting them out on your machine!). We also hung sun banners and more braided rope with flowers.
When Grammie was staying with us she bought the kids a mini frying pan each from K-mart and since they were only $2 I thought I'd buy some for the party (in purple of course) and use them as place settings/plates for the kids. In the movie Rapunzel defends herself with a frying pan and even Flynn Ryder uses it to fight off their pursuers. He says, "frying pans...who knew right?" They looked really cute!
I found these Mason drinking jars online and loved the little sun cut out on the top - with a hole for a straw! They were filled with Ribena purple juice, we also had purple Fanta.
For party bags the boys took home a Flynn Ryder satchel and the girls took home a Rapunzel dress bag. They were filled with lollies and things like a purple tiara for all the girls. They also got to take home their saucepan...I was surprised that the kids were excited about having a saucepan to keep!
No...I didn't sew these bags, I bought them off an Etsy store and Lisa posted them to me. Etsy is an online store where people sell homemade items.
Purple frosted cupcakes with cake toppers
Rapunzel orange "boats" on blue "water" jelly
Purple and yellow cake pops
Watermelon and grape sticks
Tiara and flower iced sugar cookies
Mini individual dips
The donut tower was a last minute idea...just a bit of fun!
And finally...the birthday cake! A Rapunzel doll cake - baked by me and decorated by Clinton and I. Clinton has the patience and the steady hands for the fine details. We were really happy with how it turned out! (The front is a little wet in this photo because we'd just finished it and it was still drying).
Photos of the party in full swing in the next blog post!















SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!
ReplyDelete