I was worried we wouldn't have a lot to do these school holidays but the days went by so fast and now they are over! Harrison did VAC Swim every day of the holidays at 9.50am and most days Sienna, Alissa and I swam while Harrison was in his lessons. Harry's friend Michael had lessons at the same time and we were able to catch up together most days too which made it fun!
We enjoyed staying in our PJ's a little later and not having to rush off to school. Harrison often made us scrambled eggs for breakfast which was very nice! Here are a few things the kids entertained themselves with...
Amy took these photos of Harrison and Michael in the pool after swimming lessons - they loved seeing each other every day
Harrison was going for level 3 and was able to tick off 3 out of 6 requirements to pass. One was to swim freestyle for 10 meters which I was impressed that he could do. We'll keep practising through the Summer.
Alissa absolutely loves the water and never got sick of going in and splashing around. One day I tried to just dangle her feet in but she was determined to sit in the water and get more wet!
I saved up empty boxes for the kids to build some box constructions, Harrison built a train with enough room for Sienna or himself to sit in.
Painting the train...
I left the paints out on the little table outside and the kids painted every day at least once.
Harrison working on his Lego Technic model - it's a really big one with three books of instructions to get through. He's been chipping away at it every day.
Harrison making shortbread - one of his favourites!
Writing 'Grandma's' recipe in his book
He was so careful to make each piece the same size...I think he'll be a food presentation perfectionist like his father!
Painting with friends Michael and Tyler
Sienna's egg carton creature
We have lots of TaTa lizards running around our garden again (on their hind legs)
Play dough with Sienna's friend Lucy
Getting there with the Lego...
Harrison and I have practised some basketball over the holidays as Harry starts playing next term.
Daddy has been helping him too and after a service project today at the chapel they practised on the basketball courts.
Lucy
Tahlia
Harrison holding Lucy and Tahlia's new little sister Elise
Trampoline time!
Sienna making her signature mud pies - you should have seen my bathroom after she tried to wash her hands...
Michael and Harrison making a track and ramp for a remote control car
Sienna and Harry making holiday craft at Karratha shopping centre - Christmas craft in October!
Sienna and Harrison having a pajama dance party in the kitchen...this happened a lot!

.jpg)
































No comments:
Post a Comment