Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday Night Picnic

We took Mum and Dad to Withnell Bay for a picnic when Clinton finished work. The day before we took them to the Woodside KGP visitors centre, it was really interesting learning how Clinton's gas plant works. We drove past Withnell Bay on the way home and I thought we better take Mum and Dad there for a picnic.
 
  The sky is always different colours every time we have gone there. Such stunning sunsets. We ate delicious thai chicken patties that Mum made in bread rolls with salad. I also made Harrison's favourite lemon bundt cake. Alissa enjoyed cuddles from Grammie and playing on our new giant picnic rug (thanks Grammie & Papa). Sienna fell over and cut her foot on a rock, but she was pretty brave about it.
 
Clinton took many of these beautiful photos...
 



 Harrison and Clinton found a giant clam shell
 

 Sienna and I in our first "selfie"




 45 years of marriage and still going strong!
 Crazy Papa - entertaining Sienna
 Fairy Floss Clouds
 
"People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, 'Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.' I don't try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds." (Carl R. Rogers)
 

 Ahhh....this is the life!
 
Dad's beautiful photos of Withnell Bay. I love that we were at the same place, at the same time and yet we photographed different subject matter. Dad has a great eye.
 


 Papa must have found Harrison some more "herman" crabs!


 Harrison still climbing rocks



 Stunning Dad!
 I didn't edit the colours at all in this photo Dad took, so brilliant!

 The weather is perfect now that it's winter. Warm enough to comfortably sit outside for a picnic dinner and cool enough during the day to wear jeans (although it's still warm enough to wear shorts if you choose, I just love jeans!). It's hard to remember the stinking hot summer now that the weather is so nice. I now see why everyone up here says, "just wait until winter" or  "have you had a winter up here yet?" It's perfect weather (apart from the odd spot of rain we've had - but we need that too).  


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive