Harrison has been counting down the weeks and days till Grammie and Papa get here. Their arrival was delayed by a week because they towed the boat from Perth to Karratha for us and long story short, they had to wait for the boat to be repaired before they could bring it to us. We are so grateful to them for bringing the boat - it will be so much fun up here!
Anyway, by the time they arrived, late afternoon on Sunday - Harrison and Sienna were bursting with excitement! They both went a bit crazy; dancing, singing and wrestling...I'm sure Grammie and Papa were thinking, "are we sure we want to stay here for three weeks?"
It was good timing that Grammie and Papa arrived on Mother's Day: a) because we were able to be with Mum on Mother's Day and b) because Clinton was cooking! Clinton made a delicious dinner of crispy skinned pork belly and chilli and garlic scallops (plus sides)...wish I'd taken some photos but we were rushing to get the hot food on the table.
Mother's Day morning I was totally spoilt with a sleep in, apple and cinnamon pancakes in bed, chocolates from the kids, tulips from Clinton and a photography course voucher. I'm really excited to learn more about using my SLR properly! Thank you Clinton and the kids for such a wonderful start to the day.
Our Mother's Day dessert - raspberry, almond, meringue cake. Clint jokes that I took a photo of what I made but not his dinner! His dinner really was yummy though.
Some photos from today with Grammie and Papa...
Sienna already has Papa wrapped around her little finger. Lollies, icecreams...she's loving it! Today she went to the shops with Grammie and Papa. When she came home she gave me a highly dramatized story with voices and facial expressions...it was priceless. It went like this..."I wanted a lolly in the shops and Papa said, "Oh, no no no " (Sienna shakes her finger while saying this and changes her voice to try to sound like Papa). "Then Sienna was sad..." (Sienna frowns) "Then Papa said, surprise! Here are some lollies!" (Sienna is bursting with joy). What a little actress...
I wasn't sure if Alissa would warm up to Grammie and Papa straight away, she's been a bit precious lately and clingy to me. But as soon as they arrived, she was cuddling into Grammie and giving her big smiles...and falling asleep on her (which she won't do with me). She loves the "water bed".
Grammie loves Alissa's chubby legs...so delicious!
The kids were both spoilt with little presents from Grammie and Papa and Aunty! Today Harrison came home from school and Papa had bought him a fishing rod! He can't wait to use it in Coral Bay.















Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteHarry looked excited with his new fishing rod!