Saturday, October 8, 2016

Universal Studios and Going Home

For Harry and I, Universal Studios just meant HARRY POTTER! We couldn't wait to check out the 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.' We didn't make it to Universal Studios until around 11am so we headed straight to Harry Potter land. Luckily the lines weren't too horrendous because it was close to lunch time and people were stopping for lunch. This is the sign that greeted us at the entrance to Harry Potter land. 
All of Harry's dreams coming true...


Hogwarts
Hogsmead
There were free shows running throughout the day, including these choir singers and their pet singing toads. 

Madi and Charlie are seasoned professionals when it comes to theme parks. They are happy to line up for things and try new rides. We loved spending this special time with them. 

Harrison visited Ollivanders and picked Harry Potter's wand. Grandma bought him that wand and another one for his birthday present (very spoilt). He could use one of his wands around Harry Potter land to cast spells with Madison and Charlie. 
Harrison and I went on the 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' ride inside the Hogwarts castle. You have to wear 3D glasses and there are numerous signs warning that the ride may make you feel nauseous and dizzy. It made Kate and I nauseous straight away and we spent the majority of the ride with our eyes closed. Harrison absolutely loved it though and afterwards he went straight on the 'Flight of the Hippogriff' rollercoaster with Mark, Lisa, Madison and Charlie.


 In the line for the ride (Zara was so excited) Mum looked after the little kids in a waiting room.


Harrison and I visited Honeydukes and bought lots of souvenirs and gifts. 
Of course we had to drink butterbeer! As it was really hot they were selling frozen butterbeer the day we were there...it was delicious. The whole family ate lunch at the Three Broomsticks. 

 Zara enjoying some lunch!
Harry and I spent the majority of the afternoon in 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter,' we only walked around the rest of Universal Studios towards the end of the day. We had the best time and Zara was very well behaved being pushed around the pram. 

We all had dinner at Tony Roma's afterwards (Harrison's favourite), capping off a perfect day for Harry.
There were fountains outside of Tony Romas and Charlie decided to run through them...he was saturated during dinner, poor  thing!
We love that cheeky face...
Bit of a blurry iPhone photo - but here's Harry with his ribs!

The next day we did Disneyland one last time and then Kate, Harry, Lucy, Zara and I flew home via Brisbane. Our flight left L.A. close to midnight and we had a very teary goodbye with Mum and Lisa at the airport. We miss them so much and wish we didn't all live far apart. Our flight to Brisbane was a pretty good one, with Harry, Zara and I all getting about 7 hours sleep. It was lovely having Kate and Lucy on our flight too. Unfortunately we missed our connecting flight in Brisbane and had to wait an extra couple of hours at the airport. We were all exhausted by that stage.
It was the best feeling seeing Clinton's face at the airport and these two excited little girls. I'm not sure if they were more excited about seeing us or seeing what presents we brought back for them! We bought Sienna an Aurora dress and Alissa a Jasmine costume...they loved all their special presents.
We stayed in Mandurah with Clinton for another week when we got home from the US. Two days after we arrived Clinton had shoulder surgery - primarily to repair his rotator cuff but also to reposition his bicep muscle that had torn. He was in hospital over night and pretty sore and drugged up when I picked him up the following day. Clinton says that whole week is a daze to him now. He remained in a sling for 6 weeks and is still slowly regaining full movement in the joint. He amazingly went straight back to work when we came home - another person at his work who had the same surgery took 6 weeks off work! He's been very good about not complaining about it too much (Snow's are pretty tough!).
While in Mandurah I took the kids to San Churros...look at Zara's eyelashes.
YUM!
I am so grateful that Harrison and I were able to go to the US and see Dad speak at conference. It was such a spiritual experience and one that both of us will cherish for a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive