Saturday, March 26, 2016

Zara at 11 Weeks

Zara is growing up way too fast, I seriously don't know where the past few weeks have gone. She is becoming a very settled and happy baby and as you can see from these photos, she's starting to get chubby too! She can still just fit into NB (0000) clothing but it's getting tight so I've started putting her into 0-3months or (000) clothing now. 

I haven't weighed her for a while (poor 4th child) but at her 6 week check with the doctor she was in the 25th percentile for weight, the 40th for length and the 30th for skull circumference. She weighed 4.11kg at that check up. 

A few milestones...
Her first smiles were at 4 weeks 
At 5 weeks she started reaching for things under her play gym 
At 9 weeks she laughed (I've been waiting for her to do it again - I get a little snort now and again).

She has her last feed at night at around 10pm and sleeps till at least 1am, sometimes 3 or 4am. She often feeds every 2 and a half to 3 hours during the day and doesn't take long naps - about half an hour to an hour at the most. She takes a good 45 minutes to an hour to breastfeed which is hard...I feel like I'm feeding her ALL THE TIME! 

She's still not pooping every day which has proven to be a blessing as we are so busy all the time! The only problem is she's prone to poo explosions and has soiled carseats, rockers and bassinets several times. She often saves her poo explosions for Sundays at church - when she's wearing her prettiest outfits...she's thoughtful that way! 

I am totally besotted with this sweet little girl and waste hours just staring at her and playing with her. The other siblings love her just as much and she adores their attention (when it's not too rough!). We just love our little Zara Maxine...







No comments:

Post a Comment