We had a very chilled out Easter weekend...we decided to stay home and just spend lots of time together as a family. Leading up to the Easter weekend I usually prepare a little message to read each day about what happened in the days leading up to Jesus Christ's death and resurrection. This year I wasn't so organised! Heavenly Father must have known I wouldn't be organised because our family just happened to be up to 3rd Nephi, chapter 8 in the Book of Mormon. We try to read the BOM every morning before Clint leaves for work and every night after dinner (no it doesn't always happen but we try). Anyway, we were miraculously up to this part - where the signs of Christ's crucifixion are occurring in the America's - just as Samuel the Lamanite had predicted 34 years prior. Each day were were able to discuss what signs were happening and then what the three days of darkness symbolised. We then read that after all the terrible storms, earthquakes and fires the people heard the voice of the Lord - and later the resurrected Saviour himself visits the Nephite people. We were able to bear testimony to our children of the truthfulness of these events that happened on the other side of the world. One morning the spirit was really strong and re-testified of this truthfulness to me too. It was a real blessing!
On Good Friday Clinton took Harrison fishing at Cleverville while the girls and I stayed home. They caught a few fish but none that were big enough or tasty enough to eat. Then on Saturday we went to Point Samson for a swim...by the time we got there it was midday and 41 degrees! We had gone the Saturday before and the weather was much milder. This didn't bother the kids of course, they were straight in the water.
I put Zara under a little tent on the beach but she was still too hot for my liking. I tried dunking her in the cool water (she wasn't impressed) and the feeding her but I felt like she was still too hot. I had visions of her getting overheated and sick and so I took her back to the air-conditioned car and continued feeding.
Clinton swam with the kids - Sienna and Harry had a lovely time snorkelling together.
That afternoon Harrison, Sienna and Alissa made a 'Happy Easter' chalk drawing for the Easter bunny.
Sienna drawing the Easter Bunny
Alissa doing her "writing"
We then drove to the Baker's house for dinner with the Mckay's and the Hall's. We played some board games together and had a really fun night!
The next morning the Easter bunny had visited our house! The kids woke up to an egg at the end of their beds and a note that said it was too hot for the Easter bunny to leave eggs outside for the Easter egg hunt but that he'd left the eggs with Mum and Dad to do the hunt later that day. Before Clinton left for church we had a little family devotional on Christ's resurrection and then watched one of the church Easter videos.
After church we had an Easter egg hunt...
Harrison was told to find eggs very slowly...
I love this photo but it was overexposed so it's a little light...
Lissy loves her big brother
On Easter Monday Clinton went spearfishing with Mick Rodoni and Joel Lekias. He had a ball and caught a lovely Coral Trout for dinner. He battered it and we had fish and chips...so yummy and fresh! The perfect end to our Easter weekend...but then that night Sienna started vomiting and didn't stop! She had a terrible case of gastro that went into the following day. Poor thing, luckily none of the rest of us caught it.
























No comments:
Post a Comment