Friday, January 1, 2016

Alissa's 3rd Birthday

After Christmas our family flew to Perth on the 28th of December. Lisa and Mark met us at the airport, it was so nice to see them again - they were in Perth for Christmas. We all drove straight to Mandurah and Grandma and Papa met us there that night. Kate and Jarom and their families also came down to Mandurah and it was so nice to all be together!

On new years eve Clinton and I drove to Perth to see my obstetrician Dr Neppe. He told us he'd be away for the next two weeks but would induce my labour on the 24th if I hadn't had the baby by then. That night we had a low key New Years (I wasn't sleeping that well being pregnant) and the next day was Alissa's 3rd birthday! Clinton and I had bought her some presents the day before and she was spoilt by all the family too. 


One of Alissa's favourite gifts, mini disney princess dolls that Grandma and Papa bought her from Disneyland. 

Birthday cuddle with Daddy
Presents from Aunty Katie and Aunty Leese
Showing Papa her mouse track
Alissa is born on New Years Day, which is also my parents wedding anniversary. Their anniversary tradition is going to McDonald's for breakfast with the family. The whole family went there together and ate outside by the play equipment.  
Sienna and Madison - they loved being together again
The birthday girl at breakfast

Ava giving Grandma kisses

Harry and Sienna love Ava A.K.A 'Tiny Mini'


That afternoon we had a little birthday party for Alissa with her cousins. All the Meurs cousins were there and Uncle Trent and Aunty Darnae came for the day with Renz and Nate.
I asked Alissa what type of cake she wanted and she said "a purple one!" So we made her a purple number 3. 

Party food!

Pass the parcel 




So grown up!









Blowing out the candles...
You can see my pregnant tummy in these photos...I was pretty over it by then - 36 weeks!
Then a swim in the pool with daddy 
Alissa learned how to jump in...she would do it over and over!



I think Alissa had a great time on her birthday surrounded by grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. She was very spoilt too! I can't believe she's three years old already, the years have flown by and she's grown up so much. She has an infectiously fun personality and the cheekiest smile. We absolutely love her to bits! Happy birthday Lissy lou! xox  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive