A couple of weeks ago I took the girls to the 'Teddy Bears Picnic' a free event that is organised by LINK. I love how many free, community events there are on in Karratha. As soon as I let Alissa out of the pram, she grabbed her teddy and made a run for it. This is becoming a very scary and frustrating habit of Alissa's...the most annoying thing about it is that she is mega clingy and scared of strangers, yet she'll take off from me and run for miles without a backwards glance.
I had met up with Amy and Rowena in the car park so we walked in together and headed over to a stand that our friend Emi was manning. Alissa loved playing with the playdough.
While Alissa was busy with the playdough, Sienna and Emily walked off together to the bouncy castles. Amy followed them and took this photo.
Alissa hasn't really grasped the concept of a bouncy castle...she spends the whole time trying the slide down the front.
This is a perfomer from the 'Lulu's' with her puppet 'baby', Sienna was a bit wary...
...but got brave and gave the puppet a high five!
Amy, Rowena, Laura and I sat down so Amy could feed Benjamin then the Lulu's show started - Sienna and Emily went a bit closer to the stage to dance.
Rowena and Ashton
Sienna and Emily dancing to the Lulu's
Amy took these close up shots of the girls dancing...Sienna has her concentrating face on!
Alissa watched the Lulu's while holding onto Amy's hand (for moral support? haha!), Amy did well trying to breastfeed at the same time.
Alissa has really warmed up to Amy and I can now leave her at Amy's house if I have an appointment or something on...winning!
Sienna didn't want to get too close to the dressed up animals walking around...this is Immy the immunisation echidna.
Sienna loved getting a free 'showbag' with some lollies, pamphlets and toys. She insisted on wearing it on her shoulder - I think she felt very grown up! Here she is with the Lulu's performer after their show.
Getting a kiss...
I couldn't believe Sienna cuddled the Teddy Bears Picnic bear right at the end! How brave!
We had a free sausage sizzle then said goodbye to everyone to try to do some more activities at the tables set up. Unfortunately everyone was starting to pack away their activities so we head home. The girls had a great time.
















No comments:
Post a Comment