Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sports Carnival

On Friday Harrison had his school sports carnival. We all got into the spirit and dressed in Harry's faction colour - blue - and I sprayed the kids hair blue too. 
 It was a really hot day and luckily Amy brought a pop up shelter for us to sit under. Sienna played games and watched shows on my phone most of the time...
 She also enjoyed hanging out with Tyler and Emily

 Harrison did his 100 meter sprint in division one. I was so nervous for him...he wasn't to phased. 
 I was at the finish line and couldn't see the start of his race very well. Amy and her parents were sitting right next to the starting line and said Harrison had a slow start. Instead of a starting gun or horn they were using a whistle to signal the start of each race. I'm not sure if Harry didn't hear it properly or was just off with the fairies but he started behind the rest of the pack. 

 I noticed Harry was a bit behind a couple of kids and put my camera down to cheer him on
 Miraculously he managed to come first!
 Harry was then in a flag relay race, his team came second. 


 Alissa fell asleep in her pram for a while...winning!

 Instead of participating in athletics events like long jump, discuss etc the kids then play team games like this one and tunnel ball. I'm a bit sad they don't do more athletics events like they used to when I was in primary school. 



 We stayed for the sausage sizzle and Harrison came to our tent to eat with us. His best friends Michael and Toby came to eat with us too. Harrison is sad he's not in green faction with his besties. 
I then took the girls home to escape from the heat! Amy kindly brought Harry home then he had little athletics at 5pm. Poor kid was a bit exhausted and only three boys in his age group showed up as most schools had their carnival that day. We then went out for dinner with Bryan and Amy (Amy's parents are visiting and her Mum babysat my kids while her Dad babysat hers). It was very nice to have a night out without our kids! I was so proud of Harrison's efforts at the sports carnival, he did a terrific job!

No comments:

Post a Comment