Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Saturday

On Saturday the Pilkington family invited us to 40 mile beach to drive their commanders. We had good intentions to leave at 9.30 but ended up leaving closer to 10am. When we arrived Clinton and Bryan drove the commanders and Amy and I drove our cars onto the beach. I was a bit nervous driving on the soft sand. Unfortunately the tide was rising fast and we had to park our cars on the softer sand, higher up where the tide wouldn't reach them. In trying to get my car to a higher position I bogged it in the sand. Clinton tried reversing but it was stuck. Then he tried putting it in 4WD mode and guess what? It drove out of the sand easily! Funny that! I think we'll put it in 4WD mode the next time we're driving on sand. Here is a photo Amy took of my bogged car.
Harry and Michael eating some bacon and cheese scrolls I made
 Both families brought along their blow up boats...here is Michael rowing by himself


 Tyler cut his foot and needed some Mummy TLC
Some photos Clinton took with his GoPro - video footage to come...



 Group shot by Clinton using the GoPro
Sienna was very keen to have her first Commander experience....
 Strapped in next to her best buddy Tyler! Sienna had the best time and told Bryan to go faster and slower by putting her thumb up and down!
 Alissa wanting to have a drive (with sand all over her mouth)
 I know he's not smiling but he looks so grown up in this photo!!
 Me having a drive with Harrison - following Bryan. Harrison thought I was a bad driver because he got scratched by a bush I drove too close to. That didn't stop him from driving with me a second time though! It was a lot of fun!


 Amy and Bryan never get to drive in individual commanders together because one of them always has to look after the kids. They got the chance to do it with us there.



 The tide went out again and we were left with a large expanse of beach...the kids happily played on it.
 The newest Pilkington baby - little Benjamin...he was covered in sand (thanks to little sandy hands poking him all day as you can see in this photo) I tried to airbrush most of it off Amy!
 Benjamin has a history of crying whenever I hold him so I was pretty chuffed when he not only smiled at me but gave me some gorgeous chuckles!
 Tyler running on our commander tracks
 Harry ready to go home!
We didn't arrive home until 5.30pm...it was a big day but we all had so much fun. Thanks to the Pilkington's for another great day out driving the commanders!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive