Thursday, June 20, 2013

Run Run Run!

Harrison's school had a 'fun run' on Wednesday morning - where the students collected sponsorship money to run as many times as they could around the oval. The money raised goes towards the school P&C. The fun run was originally scheduled for the day before but it rained all day (very rare for Karratha in winter, during the dry season). Wednesday was beautiful and sunny though so it was perfect conditions for a fun run.
 
Sienna was given a 'fun run' balloon to walk around with.
 Harrison getting his hand stamped for doing another lap.
 I was so proud of Harrison - he did 11 laps during the half hour fun run. At about 6 laps he got a stitch and thought he'd have to stop. I ran another lap with him (with Sienna on my back) to show him you can 'run off' a stitch if you just keep going. He then went on to run a further 5 laps!  

 Sienna and Harry ran a full lap on their own. Sienna loved getting a stamp on her hand!
 Since this is a blog about running, I thought I would add that 2 weeks ago at one of the Little Athletics competition nights Harrison came first in a sprints race. He also got several other ribbons for beating his personal best times and measurements for different events. He was so excited to come first in an event!! I think it will help to build his confidence. He's really loving little athletics at the moment.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive