Monday, December 11, 2017

Grammie, Papa and Aunty in Mandurah

Grammie and Papa stayed with us in Mandurah for just over a week. I was thoroughly spoilt with only two children to look after, Grammie's delicious dinners and Papa playing with the girls. I felt really relaxed for the first time in a long time! Alissa and Zara loved having Grammie and Papa all to themselves too. 

We set up a tiny Christmas tree in the Mandurah house. Alissa and Zara enjoyed decorating it and started to get excited about Santa coming.  

Papa entertaining the kids as usual 




Renz is a lovely big cousin to Zara 

The kids enjoying Grammie's cooking 
Grammie making some Christmas treats with Alissa 


I think I was so relaxed that I didn't take many photos! It was a lovely week and then Grammie and Papa left to stay at Trent's house. Tamara arrived just after they left and stayed with us for a few days before Christmas. I had a fantastic time with her and wish her stay had been longer! I only managed a few iPhone photos...

Aunty playing with play dough with the girls
Lots of cuddles on the couch (and back scratchies - Aunty is the best at those!)
An awkward hug Zara!!
Alissa and Aunty mucking around together


Aunty bought the girls mini jars of nutella...they loved them!
Aunty gave Alissa her own walking stick as she kept stealing Aunty's last time and pretending to be an "old lady". Aunty even gave the kids some old reading glasses to play with. One day we went to the shops and Alissa wanted to be like Aunty and bring her walking stick too - it was super cute!
We went out for lunch another day and had delicious tapas. The girls decided to do "cheers" with their chips!
Tam babysat for us one afternoon/evening while Clint and I went to a wedding. She made these amazing treats with the girls, they had a ball.
Delicious 'melted snowmen' and Christmas trees.
Clint and I at Kipling Holder's wedding (we've lost a bit of weight since then - our faces look fat!)
We walked down to the beach a lot while Tam was there. I had done some reading about "earthing" and how putting your feet on natural earth (sand, soil etc) is good for your mental, physical and emotional health. We "earthed" our feet while watching the girls play.
I always have a great time when Tam comes to visit. Can't wait for her to stay with us again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive