At the end of September Harrison, Zara and I flew to Salt Lake City to attend General Conference (where Dad was given a speaking assignment). Dad only found out he was speaking the month before and we had to decide whether to bring the whole family or just a few of us or none at all. As I was still breastfeeding Zara I had to take her with me and then we decided I should bring Harrison as it was chance of a lifetime to see his Papa speak at conference. It all happened very quickly and before we knew it Harry and I were on our way to SLC. Sienna and Alissa were babysat for the first two days and then Clinton took the week off and flew to Perth with them. We were only there for just over a week so we knew it was going to be too full on to bring all the kids.
We stopped in Brisbane the night before flying to the US, where Penny and family picked us up at the airport. We were two flights down and two to go! It was amazing to see their smiling faces greeting us at the gate. They took us to a really cool restaurant, famous for its delicious burgers and it didn't disappoint. Harry ordered ribs, of course, if they are on the menu he's having them!
The photos in this blog post were all taken on my iPhone...
Here are best buddies, Jayme, Jordy and Harry. Even though it was only a couple of hours they had the best time together.
Never enough time with my bestie...I loved every second of it!
This is Zara the following morning at the airport lounge waiting to board the flight to L.A.
Harry chilling out at the lounge...
Monique, Jarom and Ava flew into Brisbane over night and met us that morning. We loved having them on our flight. But seriously...who looks this stylish before boarding a long haul flight?
Harry mucking around with Ava and Zara
After changing planes in L.A. we boarded our fourth and final flight to SLC. I can't tell you how relieved I was to see these mountains out of the plane window, Zara was really well behaved on the long haul flight and slept a couple of hours but she was over it by this last flight. Harrison was such a huge help, entertaining Zara and holding her at different times during the flight. He was great at carrying bags and wheeling suitcases too, I couldn't have done it without him.
We checked into our hotel (just down from where Mum and Dad live in downtown SLC) then we drove to Lisa's house in South Jordan (below) where Mum babysat Madison, Charlie, Lucy and Zara. We went straight to Hale Centre Theatre and saw a play of 'Beauty and the Beast.' Harrison and I were struggling to keep our eyes open but we really enjoyed what we saw! It was really fun to be reunited with all my siblings as Kate (and Lucy) arrived in SL a few days previously. Uncle Stephen and Sophie arrived with us too.
The following morning (after very little sleep - thanks to jet lag and Zara) Harrison and I walked to Mum and Dad's apartment to drop off Zara and attend the Saturday morning session of conference. We couldn't resist stopping for fresh cinnamon scrolls...SO good.
Saturday morning session of conference was amazing, even though we were pretty tired and struggling to keep awake towards the end. The beautiful Salt Lake Temple.
That evening Lisa took us to Gardner Village which was decorated for Halloween, we looked around the shops and had dinner together there. Here is Harrison and Grandma with the giant jack-o-lantern.Lisa and her friend Asher have been participating in fun runs and mini marathons and Lisa suggested we all to do the 'Witches Run' at Gardner Village. I knew I'd be super jet lagged by day two so I didn't do it but Kate and Monique gave it a go along with my cousins Emma and Sophie. Emma ended up winning the event with Asher and Lisa close behind.
Kate, Asher, Sophie, Lisa, Emma, Kristie, Monique and Ava in the witches run.
By Sunday morning we'd had another rough night with Zara being unsettled and us being jet lagged. Dad was speaking that morning in conference and I was worried I wouldn't be able to stay awake! Here's Harry eating breakfast in the hotel.
Mum, me and all my siblings at the conference centre after Dad's talk. I wish I'd managed to get a photo with Dad. He gave such a wonderful talk about the sacrament and Harrison and I were so blessed to be there for it. We are really proud of the spiritual man that he is and the good example he sets for his children and grandchildren.
Uncle Jazzy and Zara Max
Another day we went outlet shopping in Jordan...I got so many bargains. Children's clothes are so cheap (and good quality) in America.
Harrison and I both bought some new runners



















No comments:
Post a Comment