Sienna's teacher sent me a message to say she was getting a merit certificate at the coming assembly, the next day Harrison's teacher called me to say he was getting one too. Luckily, Mum and Dad were still staying with us which enabled me to go without having to bring the younger two girls. Clinton went into work late so he could come along too. We tried our best to keep it a surprise for the kids but Harrison had his suspicions when he saw Daddy was late for work and then saw us both at assembly. Sienna was completely surprised and Harrison wasn't expecting her name to be called right after he received his award. I should have stood up to take these photos...
Here is Sienna shaking the Principal's hand
Standing side by side with their awards...Sienna didn't see Clinton and I, even though we were waving at her like crazy! She was chuffed though and kept looking up at her big brother.
Harrison's 'You Can Do It' award read, "For the impressive resilience displayed in class while working on you inquiry project. Keep up the top effort!"
Sienna's award read, "Sienna you are a wonderful friend to your peers! You can feel very proud of the way you include others each day. You are a super star!"
I'm very proud of both of these kids and it was so special to see them receive their awards and stand side by side. I love them both to bits.




No comments:
Post a Comment