On Tuesday the 2nd of February I managed to get the kids to school with Alissa and Zara in tow. Then after school Amy kindly took Sienna to gymnastics with Emily (they are in the same group this year) and then I took Harrison to his basketball game at 4.20. While I was at basketball, Clinton left work early to pick up his Mum and Dad from the airport. To say the kids were pleased to see Grammie and Papa would be a massive understatement! They were beyond excited! From the moment Mum and dad came to stay they started cooking, cleaning, helping with the kids and holding baby Zara. They stayed for the entire month and didn't stop helping the whole time. It made the transition back to school schedules, after school activities and dealing with four children so much easier. I will be forever grateful for their help.
Papa and Zara...she looks a bit like a floating head in this photo!
While the older two children were at school, Papa played with Alissa for hours! This was her favourite game, playing with her "girls" (her Disney princess dolls from Grandma)...she was very bossy telling Papa who he was and what to do next!
Harrison is such a lovely big brother to Zara and really looks out for her and helps me.
Grammie and Zara, all ready for church
Baby doll
It was Papa's birthday while he stayed with us and the kids helped to make him a birthday cake.
Happy birthday Papa!
Playing with teddies
Papa told Alissa not to touch Zara's head, throughout their visit Alissa delighted in telling Papa and Grammie not to touch baby Zara's head! She still doesn't follow her own advice...
Zara loves being outside (even though its SO hot at the moment) and Papa often took her to sit out there with him while he watched the other kids ride their bikes and scooters.
YAWN!
Cuddles with Grammie (aka the "water bed")
Papa loves Lissy's crazy, unruly hair!
Grammie spoiled the kids with lots of little surprises while she stayed with us...here are some new headbands she gave Sienna one day!
Making valentine's cookies with Grammie for the primary kids the next day. It was our 13th wedding anniversary on the 13th and Clinton and I went out for dinner to celebrate. Thanks for babysitting Mum and Dad! I should have taken a photo of us...next year.
Sienna decorated the cookies by herself (with Grammie watching) on Sunday morning and all the primary kids loved them!
Papa and Alissa - I love this photo I took with my iPhone. They are very cute together! Papa and Grammie were fantastic at settling Zara and helping to get all her wind out. Very smelly wind too! Zara only poops once a week, which freaked me out a bit but I have been assured by the local paediatrician that this can occur in breastfed babies. As a result of her rare pooping, her wind really stinks! It's a sulphur smell that is quite overpowering! Papa was embarrassed when he was holding Zara during Priesthood as he thought people might think he was passing wind.































No comments:
Post a Comment