Saturday, November 18, 2017

Surprise Birthday / Girls Trip

I got the surprise of my life the day before my birthday. These four girls knocked on my front door at around 2pm on Friday the 17th of November and whisked me away to Mandurah for the weekend. Clinton had taken Friday off work (I thought he'd done it for my birthday but it was to look after the kids - he even took the Monday off so I could have an extra day!). Serena, Georgia and Erana flew in from Karratha and Penny flew in from Brisbane. I was pretty emotional when I saw them at my front door! I had been missing them all so much and it was the best surprise ever. 
I apologise in advance for all the selfies...we took way too many photos (some with these funny snapchat filters). 

The first thing we did when we arrived in Mandurah was hit the shops to buy some food. Erana bought a hot chicken and everyone started eating it while we were walking around! She ended up having to buy another chicken! 
Georgia made a Tiramisu as soon as we got back to the house...best birthday cake ever! 
On Saturday morning we went back to Mandurah forum to get our nails done.


We had a very relaxing day and then started getting ready to go out...Erana made us take a million photos before we left! I look really comfortable in all of them...

Penny did our hair and makeup - it's handy having a best friend who happens to be an amazing makeup artist! 


Dinner at Crown's new restaurant 'Epicurean' a delicious buffet with every possible food you could imagine! 


"Try the cake it's great"




We had a hilarious night at Crown with plenty of laughs and funny memories made (and stayed out way too late)! We all slept in the following day and Erana took some photos of us together in the afternoon (because we hadn't taken enough photos, clearly!)

























Fish and chips for dinner 


The next day we drove back to Perth and met up with Penny's parents for lunch at Hillarys. Then we went to the movies and a tiny bit of shopping before going out for dinner at a very cool restaurant in Northbridge (that Erana suggested), 'Lucky Chan's.' 

I was WAY too full but some of the girls got these amazing donuts afterwards (now I wish I'd had one!) 
Everyone slept at the house our family was staying in at Warwick that night and then I had to say goodbye to everyone the following morning. It was very sad to see them all leave and go back to reality. Clinton had done an amazing job entertaining the kids while I was away and cleaning up the house before I got home. He spoiled me with amazing gifts too (which I didn't deserve after my incredible weekend away). I feel blessed beyond measure to have such beautiful friends - they really made me feel special. I wish I could rewind time and start that weekend all over again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment