Thursday, November 16, 2017

Sienna's Sports Carnival

Our new school has a seperate sports carnival for Kindy, then for junior primary (pre-primary to year 2) then an upper primary school carnival (year 3 to 6). It's because the school is split into two seperate campuses. Harrison's was in term 3 so we missed that one. The advantage of a smaller sports carnival is that it was all finished by 11.30am! Alissa and Harrison were at school and Zara was in daycare which left me able to enjoy Sienna's whole carnival on my own. I was able to follow her around from event to event and really pay attention without younger kids or siblings in other races. It was fantastic!    
Sienna is in my old House - Alethea. 
Tunnel ball


Egg and spoon relay
In our old school Sienna was placed in the last race of her age group with only one other girl. I thought that was badly handled by our old school - she shouldn't have been in a race with only one other competitor. At this school Sienna really found a love for running during sports lessons and ended up in FIRST division. She was really excited to be with the fasted from her year. She is at the end on the left. 





Sienna came fifth and I was really proud of her! Such a difference in confidence from only a term before at her old school. 
It was a really lovely morning - without all the usual stress I associate sports carnivals with. I loved watching Sienna compete and she remained upbeat and happy during all the games. Well done Sen!

No comments:

Post a Comment