Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hearson's Cove with Aunty and Uncle Will

The day these photos were taken Clinton had received some surprising news from work. They told him that they had a new role they wanted him to fill in Perth and that he was needed at the end of September! Clinton called me in the afternoon and I was in shock. I think Clinton was in shock too. Our plan was to stay in Karratha until the end of 2018 - in time for Harrison to start high school. Luckily, Tam and Will were staying at my house and I could talk it through with Tam and cry a bit!! I was really happy in our new house in Karratha and felt like I wasn't ready to leave the Pilbara yet. Unfortunately this happens in the industry Clinton's in, when they want you for a new role - you take it. Work would pay for our full relocation costs, temporary housing in Perth, storage for our furniture etc. We knew it was our way to get back to Perth, even if the opportunity had come too early. I'll talk more about it in future posts, but lets just say that Clint and I were in shock the evening these photos were taken. I even forgot to pack the burgers for the ham burgers we were cooking for dinner! We all had to have salad rolls for dinner instead! 
Finding shells

And finding baby hermit crabs 








Alissa decided that throwing handfuls of sand was fun
It continued...
My gorgeous girl 
Aunty and Uncle Will helping to find shells 







I LOVE these two photos of Sienna and Alissa. They really are best friends even though they fight occasionally. I hope that friendship lasts a lifetime. 



More sand throwing...

Our picnic 
Driftwood...

Zara and a giant shovel 
Alissa found a WA rock hidden at the beach 





Hearson colours at sunset are amazing! Taking these photos made me teary as I started to think that this was one of my last picnics at Hearson's Cove. We have made so many happy memories in that special place. 
I TRIED to get a decent photo of the girls with Aunty...they wouldn't cooperate but I kind of like how they turned out anyway. Aunty was very patient as usual!






Sparklers and a campfire on the beach, what could be better?

As I said, that picnic was bitter/sweet as Clinton and I were still coming to terms with moving back to Perth and very soon! We weren't allowed to tell anyone in town until Clinton's new role was formally announced at work. I was desperate to call my close friends in Karratha and debrief. Luckily I had Tam to talk to about it, she was very understanding. We left for Coral Bay and Exmouth a day or two later which was a blessing because we needed time to think about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive