Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mum and Monique Save the Day!

Clinton was working shut down at work for a few weeks which involved 14 hour days, working Saturdays and extreme exhaustion for all of us. His one day off was Sunday and as branch president that wasn't really a "day off" at all! At the second last week of shut down I reached my breaking point. Alissa had been really sick all week and was waking through the night (usually waking in-between Zara's nightly feeding times) which meant I was even more sleep deprived than usual. A visit to the doctor found that Alissa had a temperature of 40, a blocked ear on one side, a bad ear infection on the other and a mild chest infection. During this week I called my Mum one night in tears of frustration and exhaustion. She called me back the following day to say she was booked on a flight that Sunday and would be staying for a week to help me out! Hallelujah! The day before she was due to arrive she called again to say that Monique and Ava were coming along too and that Jarom would drive down from Port Hedland after his work swing and stay for the weekend. My kids were so excited to be seeing Ava aka 'tiny mini' and Grandma, Uncle Jarom and Aunty Monnie. 

Just before they arrived Zara started to get sick with high temperatures and a really severe case of conjunctivitis. Then by Monday Sienna was sick with the same virus and stayed home from school until Thursday of that week. Harrison caught it by the middle of the week and Clinton got it at the end of the week (just as he completed his shut down). We started calling our house the "house of sickness" so it wasn't exactly a fun place to be for Mum and Monique. However, I was extremely grateful to have them with me that week - they helped out in so many ways and I couldn't have gotten through without them. Here are a few pictures of when they first arrived...

Cute little Ava, she mastered the scooter at our house. 

Alissa and Ava on the trampoline - they get along so well 







Jarom arrived on Thursday night and we drove to Point Samson for fish and chips, stopping in Cossack for a look around. 

Ava and Jarom in the general store building 




Lissy and Grandma at Settlers Beach, Cossack. 

Mum and I 

More photos on my iPhone that I'll retrieve at some stage! 

No comments:

Post a Comment